We had to change from Oct. 31st to Nov. 2nd due to a girl called Sandy. Flew Jet Blue non-stop from JFK and on-time arrival. Stayed 14 nights once again at Pasanggrahan in Philipsburg. New rooms are huge and gorgeous. Ate breakfast at hotel - didn't venture out this time. Weather was glorious with no rain except at night. Found Ti Bouchon in Cul de Sac and ate there twice. The host Momo (sp?) a great guy and food yummy. Small blackboard menu. Went to Canoa at Oyster Bay Resort with a reservation and once seated outside were promptly forgotten about. Began to rain and then pour with inside seating full and no where to go so we left. Too bad- menu looked good. Not enough people working I guess. 30 minutes no service is too long. Went to Yvettes instead - late arrival at 9:15 due to Canoa problem but a great meal once again- 2 beers, two appetizers, 2 meals and coconut cake for only $40. Other meals- twice at Pasanggrahan, twice at Bistrot Caribe, twice at Moulon Fou (great lobster thermidor the second time), Le Cottage, Greenhouse (prime rib was so-so this time), Taitu (love this little place.
One other disappointment - Rare. $45 rib eye unseasoned and a little tough. Skipped Temptation to go back to Ti Bouchon.
One new find- the manager Colbert at Pasanggrahan recommended the Indian restaurant attached to the back of the Gourmet Marche in Simpson Bay - LALS (Curry in a Hurry!). Absolutely delicious, inexpensive- I think bill was $50 (with 1 drink and 2 Duvels!). I had the freshest shrimp curry I ever ate. Wife had Chicken Korma. Will go back next time. Missed Tony at Poulet D'Orleans. Closed until Thanksgiving.
Traffic moves fine with roundabouts but they are digging up the road through Simpson Bay to get to Marigot and Philipsburg and stopping traffic continuously. Lesley Bruce told us to go through Mullet Bay and around to Philipsburg via Marigot and saved us a lot of time on our way in.
2 weeks even seems to fly. Glorious time. Counting the weeks now to return in April 2013.
Hillary and Dan