Member Spotlight
Alltech63
Alltech63
South Carolina
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Marc1000
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (marybeth, 4 invisible), 494 guests, and 74 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Anegada Land Based Trip Report (05/11-18/2019) #195477
05/21/2019 09:21 AM
05/21/2019 09:21 AM
Kannapolis, NC
ndfaninnc Offline OP
Traveler
ndfaninnc  Offline OP
Traveler
Kannapolis, NC
Morning everyone!

We just got back from an amazing week on Anegada. We stayed at D&H Sunshine Villas again. What a beautiful location. Staying there we obviously spent lots of time with Ann & Andrew at Cow Wreck. Every day while at Cow Wreck it still amazes me how beautiful that beach is. The colors just seem brighter there.

Day One: Due to my error we were scheduled to land at STT at 3:53. Way too close to catch VIAirlink's 4:00 flight to Anegada. So I booked a room at Emerald Beach and moved our Anegada flight to Sunday 9:00am. Of course AA arrived at STT 40 minutes early. Plenty of time to catch VIAirlink. Oh well, we went to Emerald Beach for a drink and a relaxing dinner.

Day Two: Woke up to find what appeared to be a body laying near the waters edge. It wasn't light enough yet so we assumed it was a beach umbrella. As it got lighter out we saw a head pop up and realized there were two people laying there. The female shook the sand out of her hair and walked off. The male layed there for another half hour. Watching him getting up while still very drunk was extremely entertaining. Breakfast at Emerald Beach then back to STT where VIAirlink picked us up at 9:00 and surprisingly we were the only ones on the flight and were taken directly to Anegada. Good to see we can now clear into Anegada without going to Tortola. We walked out to the car that Dean left for us, drove to Lil Bits and provisioned for the week. Went to the house, unpacked then off to Cow Wreck. Dinner that night was at Potters. A whole lobster for my wife and lobster fettuccine for me. Great as always.

Day Three: Went to the dock for a few donuts, then spent the morning sitting under the palapa reading and watching the water and boats. Cow Wreck for lunch. Conch fritters and many drinks. Went back to the house to chill for a bit then dinner at Anegada Reef Hotel for more lobster.

Day Four: Same morning as Day Three (without the donuts) then went to Wonky Dog to see the new addition and drop off a Panthers flag for Desnee. The upstairs is very nice. They did an amazing job and the view is really cool. We decided to try out Sid's at Pomato Point for dinner. The place is absolutely beautiful. My wife had grilled shrimp and I had the mahi. Sid served us and was so nice. Dinner was incredible and the view from the open air restaurant was serene. Five Star dining on Anegada. We both hope he does well and will remain open.

Day Five: See Day Three for our morning. Went to Cow Wreck for lunch, drinks and to meet up with bailau and his large crew. Really enjoyed hanging with bailau for a bit. We got a bonus meeting Riverfrontbrewer at Cow Wreck this day as well. They were also staying at D&H. Another great couple. They were kind enough to help us smuggle some of Henny's hot sauce since we had carry ons only. Dinner tonight was back at ARH. My wife loves their lobster the best. So we both had a whole lobster each. The view of the harbor there is just so cool. Capped off the night with drinks at Wonky Dog.

Day Six: Same relaxing morning under the palapa, then over to Flash of Beauty for some snorkeling and a chicken roti. That was the best roti I have ever had. Very flavorful. Then drove over to Cow Wreck for a little bit of a quieter day. Since this was our last night on the island as well as our 28th anniversary we chose to celebrate with dinner at Sid's. I cannot say enough good about Sid's. We both had the grouper and it was better than we anticipated.

Day Seven: Travel day. VIAirlink picked us up at 9:30 and took us to STT. We then spent the rest of our time back at Emerald Beach until our flight at 5:30.

It was a great relaxing trip. We did notice there was maybe one slow day on Anegada while we were there. That island is really doing well. I never took a count, but the harbor was loaded with boats nearly every night. On both flights to and from Anegada it was good to see many, many boats in the water.

So now we looking forward to our first ever crewed charter in November. Hope to see more TTOL'ers then. Have a great day everyone!

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: Anegada Land Based Trip Report (05/11-18/2019) [Re: ndfaninnc] #195494
05/21/2019 12:19 PM
05/21/2019 12:19 PM
North Carolina
R
RacerRon Offline
Traveler
RacerRon  Offline
Traveler
R
North Carolina
Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Thanks for sharing!
Ron

[Linked Image]
Re: Anegada Land Based Trip Report (05/11-18/2019) [Re: ndfaninnc] #195499
05/21/2019 01:13 PM
05/21/2019 01:13 PM
Tampa Bay, Florida
SonOfTheSea Offline
Traveler
SonOfTheSea  Offline
Traveler
Tampa Bay, Florida
Thanks for sharing. We were down a couple weeks ago and wished we had a second day to spend at Anegada. We enjoyed Kelly’s reef tour/snorkel/lobster dive and dinner at Wonky Dog, but didn’t get to see much else. Sounds like Cow Wreck is a must visit next time, what else should we definitely checkout? Loblolly? Flash of Beauty?

Re: Anegada Land Based Trip Report (05/11-18/2019) [Re: SonOfTheSea] #195505
05/21/2019 01:54 PM
05/21/2019 01:54 PM
Kannapolis, NC
ndfaninnc Offline OP
Traveler
ndfaninnc  Offline OP
Traveler
Kannapolis, NC
Originally Posted by SonOfTheSea
Thanks for sharing. We were down a couple weeks ago and wished we had a second day to spend at Anegada. We enjoyed Kelly’s reef tour/snorkel/lobster dive and dinner at Wonky Dog, but didn’t get to see much else. Sounds like Cow Wreck is a must visit next time, what else should we definitely checkout? Loblolly? Flash of Beauty?

Where we stay on Anegada, Loblolly is a hike for us. Nothing wrong with it. The food and drinks are good there as well. Flash of Beauty has the best snorkeling as well as an awesome roti. Wonky Dog is a great place to eat and party. But if you have time please check out Sid's at Pomato Point. See above for my opinion. But no visit to Anegada should ever be without a stop at Cow Wreck. Bell, Ann & Andrew will make you feel at home. The food is very good and the drinks are great. Besides the most beautiful beach on Anegada. Hopefully we will see you there someday.

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]
Re: Anegada Land Based Trip Report (05/11-18/2019) [Re: ndfaninnc] #195507
05/21/2019 02:06 PM
05/21/2019 02:06 PM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
Look for the people in the Notre Dame gear...:)

Thanks again for the drinks for my college kids my friend...

Flash of beauty is a must see on our list...and I plan to spend a week at Anns ground based while ndfaninc will go to sea

I will get our report out later