Member Spotlight
Aries4
Aries4
Morrisville, PA/West End, Tortola
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (PnPinNC, SANFILIP, MrEZgoin, Mikel, jrw), 705 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
So, here's the plan... #197976
06/18/2019 06:06 PM
06/18/2019 06:06 PM
W
Woodman Offline OP
Traveler
Woodman  Offline OP
Traveler
W
Headed down this weekend with a boat full of newbies, so excited to show them the islands I love!

Here is what I am thinking the itinerary will be. let me know if this seems reasonable

Day 1 Head to Peter Island, check out the Willie T. If we get off the dock early enough there may be a snorkeling stop or two.
Day 2 Up and moving early, headed to Leverick Bay. Rent a vehicle and spend a part of the afternoon at the Baths, dinner that evening at Hog Heaven.
Day 3 By this time being up with the sun may be a habit. Looking forward to a glorious sail to Anegada. Once there will lime at Cow Wreck.
Day 4 Go do some snorkeling, perhaps go in at Flash of Beauty and drift snorkel to Big Bamboo in Loblolly. Perhaps dinner at the Wonky Dog.
Day 5 Sail to Diamond Key. May be a snorkle stop or two.
Day 6 Hike to the bubbly pool in the am, haed to either White Bay or Great Harbour. Check out White Bay.
Day 7 Head to Roadtown. Probably spending that night at the dock, as there are planes, trains and automobiles involved in getting home.

Your thoughts? Anything too ambitious?

BTW, off the dock on June 24, headed home July 1. 7 total, including an 11 and 14 yo nephews.

BVI Sponsors
Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: Woodman] #197983
06/18/2019 07:42 PM
06/18/2019 07:42 PM
Charlotte, NC
N
NCSailor Offline
Traveler
NCSailor  Offline
Traveler
N
Charlotte, NC
Originally Posted by Woodman
Headed down this weekend with a boat full of newbies, so excited to show them the islands I love!

Here is what I am thinking the itinerary will be. let me know if this seems reasonable

Day 1 Head to Peter Island, check out the Willie T. If we get off the dock early enough there may be a snorkeling stop or two.
Day 2 Up and moving early, headed to Leverick Bay. Rent a vehicle and spend a part of the afternoon at the Baths, dinner that evening at Hog Heaven.
Day 3 By this time being up with the sun may be a habit. Looking forward to a glorious sail to Anegada. Once there will lime at Cow Wreck.
Day 4 Go do some snorkeling, perhaps go in at Flash of Beauty and drift snorkel to Big Bamboo in Loblolly. Perhaps dinner at the Wonky Dog.
Day 6 Hike to the bubbly pool in the am, haed to either White Bay or Great Harbour. Check out White Bay.
Day 7 Head to Roadtown. Probably spending that night at the dock, as there are planes, trains and automobiles involved in getting home.

BTW, off the dock on June 24, headed home July 1. 7 total, including an 11 and 14 yo nephews.

Good plan except I would stay at Cooper or the Bight the last night instead of the dock. You can get up early and be at the dock by 9am.

Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: NCSailor] #197984
06/18/2019 07:44 PM
06/18/2019 07:44 PM
W
Woodman Offline OP
Traveler
Woodman  Offline OP
Traveler
W
I am considering the Bight for the last night.

Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: NCSailor] #197985
06/18/2019 07:45 PM
06/18/2019 07:45 PM
Okla
ScurvyD Offline
Traveler
ScurvyD  Offline
Traveler
Okla
Originally Posted by NCSailor

Good plan except I would stay at Cooper or the Bight the last night instead of the dock. You can get up early and be at the dock by 9am.

On your way to Cooper or the Bight, stop off at Nanny Cay and fuel up. Wont have to do it on your way in the morning.

I'd like to be a jelly fish, cause jelly fish don't pay rent.
Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: Woodman] #197986
06/18/2019 08:01 PM
06/18/2019 08:01 PM
Okla
ScurvyD Offline
Traveler
ScurvyD  Offline
Traveler
Okla
Originally Posted by NCSailor

On your way to Cooper or the Bight, stop off at Nanny Cay and fuel up. Wont have to do it on your way in the morning.

I'd like to be a jelly fish, cause jelly fish don't pay rent.
Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: Woodman] #198035
06/19/2019 10:59 AM
06/19/2019 10:59 AM
Triangle area of North Carolin...
C
Charlie2001 Offline
Traveler
Charlie2001  Offline
Traveler
C
Triangle area of North Carolin...
One minor point. The Bubbly Pool isn't really active in the summer months with the lack of swell. I'd suggest skipping the hike there just to be disappointed.

Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: Woodman] #198259
06/21/2019 12:33 PM
06/21/2019 12:33 PM
Dallas TX
C
cmceinc Offline
cmceinc  Offline
C
Dallas TX
Woodman or anyone else that make a comment/suggestion,

Your day four itinerary caught my eye; "Day 4 Go do some snorkeling, perhaps go in at Flash of Beauty and drift snorkel to Big Bamboo in Loblolly." We will be in BVI in January and hope to make it to Anegada for a day trip from Tortolla, if I can talk my wife into the extended ferry ride.
Can you provide some details on the "drift snorkel"? Best place to access, how long you can drift, to where...
Thanks in advance!!

Re: So, here's the plan... [Re: Woodman] #198261
06/21/2019 01:02 PM
06/21/2019 01:02 PM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
For Flash of Beauty walk out from the cafe make a right on the beach and walk down a few hundred yards to the building...swim straight out and when you reach the point at which the waves break drift back with the current from right to left (east to west). We then walked to Loblolly which is to the West but i guess you could just keep drifting until you end up there. I suggest bringing noodles and it is some great snorkeling.

Loblolly is a semicircle of a reef so you can start to the right and drift to the left...

if you search someone posted a map of how to do this and it was very helpful.

We also asked at both places for any tips...