Member Spotlight
tangerine3
tangerine3
Lutz, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
12 registered members (sailgclass, steve74, xrayman67, SXMScubaman, Manpot, RickinAtlanta, tmsxmsails, WWII, 4 invisible), 854 guests, and 78 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wilfred Brooks #200199
07/17/2019 10:15 AM
07/17/2019 10:15 AM
Maryland
Maranjo Offline OP
Traveler
Maranjo  Offline OP
Traveler
Maryland
I just want to say how extremely pleased I am with Wilfred Brooks professionalism and great service that he provided for me and my son on island excursions for me and my son last week. We were on a family cruise and had different agendas. Myself, my husband, and another couple who do regular extended stays in St. Martin wanted to visit particular places of interest in preparation for our upcoming land visit and My son wanted to take the younger set of family and friends to some different points of interest of interest or spend more or less time at each. Wilfred was prompt, professional and accommodating. The transportation was comfortable and appropriate. The younger group is already planning their first extended stay as a result.

I tried to use Wilfred this past December when I was on an Oceania cruise, but the captain of the ship announced that he would be replacing St Martin with Tortola. Although the overall Oceania experience was great, Tortola definitely not a comparable replacement for St Martin! I texted Wilfred from the ship and he was very understanding. I will definitely use and recommend him again whether on island or on another cruise.

Although I was on a cruise, I posted this message here, because this is where I got his recommendation from some of you.

Thanks Wilfred and thanks to those of you who recommended him! dance

Mary

SXM Sponsors
Re: Wilfred Brooks [Re: Maranjo] #200205
07/17/2019 11:05 AM
07/17/2019 11:05 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wilfred does a great job! Too bad for you that they replaced SXM with Tortola. Not a good replacement at all!

Carol Hill
Re: Wilfred Brooks [Re: Maranjo] #200268
07/17/2019 11:13 PM
07/17/2019 11:13 PM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
Oceania replaced St. Maarten with Tortola, BVI? Why would they do that? For what they charge for their cruises they should never pull something like that unless it was an emergency of some type. That's what Carnival or MSC would do, but not a luxury cruise line like Oceania. Very surprised by that.

Re: Wilfred Brooks [Re: SammyM] #200283
07/18/2019 08:29 AM
07/18/2019 08:29 AM
Maryland
Maranjo Offline OP
Traveler
Maranjo  Offline OP
Traveler
Maryland
I was not able to figure out why the change. As soon as we pulled out of the Miami port, flyers were passed around announcing it. I went straight to customer services to inquire as that was one of the main reasons that I chose that particular voyage. I was told as were other customers there that the captain wanted something mechanical checked out. When I questioned this since St. Martin was their last port before returning to Miami, I was told that the captain has the right to change ports at any time during sailing (the little fine print on any sailings). I spoke to several customers during the 12 days sailing and they were given the same dialogue. One couple was doing a back-to-back and they found out on the last at sea day on our 12 day voyage that St. Martin was again changed to Tortola. So, I definitely felt that there was something fishy about this, but did not get a straight answer. The only thing that I could see was that it was during November and December of last year is that St Martin had as many as 6 or more ships in port on some days. This included the day that we were to be there.