RonDon 85
fabila 47
Zanshin 41
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
31 registered members (marybeth, SXMScubaman, Kennys, steve74, jbutah, StMartinFan, pandpfromcanada, GeorgeC1, CaribbeanCanadians, MrEZgoin, YachtReprise, polaris, Kegoangoango, Kevin_B, Swifty, JerseyPal, JeanneB, timnboston, sunmantwo, faithvough, SeeDiver, 10 invisible), 817 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: E-mail from Boatyball [Re: Deepcut] #201188
07/27/2019 12:03 PM
07/27/2019 12:03 PM
Kannapolis, NC
ndfaninnc Offline
Traveler
ndfaninnc  Offline
Traveler
Kannapolis, NC
Originally Posted by Deepcut
Originally Posted by sleepychef
Its a Ching thing and already in the works.......Ching a new system of payment like Square but for the Caribbean

So SleepyChef,
Do I infer that Wonky Dog moorings will be reservable by other than That Company Who's Name We Shall Not Speak(TCWNWSNS)?

I think Peter stated earlier that his are FCFS. But I’ll let him confirm that. TCWNWSNS? Awesome!

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: E-mail from Boatyball [Re: sleepychef] #201191
07/27/2019 12:34 PM
07/27/2019 12:34 PM
Memphis, BVI, CT
R
RatmansWife Offline
Traveler
RatmansWife  Offline
Traveler
R
Memphis, BVI, CT

Its a Ching thing and already in the works

My MIL used to babysit for Chad when he was a tyke, and of course we have known his dad for over 50 years, so I hope this venture is very successful.

Re: E-mail from Boatyball [Re: Orange_Burst] #201195
07/27/2019 01:54 PM
07/27/2019 01:54 PM
Ontario, Canada
warren460 Offline
Traveler
warren460  Offline
Traveler
Ontario, Canada
Why can't we speak of boatyball? Because they are ### and ### and ###

Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///
Re: E-mail from Boatyball [Re: Deepcut] #201200
07/27/2019 02:29 PM
07/27/2019 02:29 PM
Apex, NC
agrimsrud Offline
Traveler
agrimsrud  Offline
Traveler
Apex, NC
Originally Posted by Deepcut
Its a Ching thing and already in the works.......Ching a new system of payment like Square but for the Caribbean

So SleepyChef,
Do I infer that Wonky Dog moorings will be reservable by other than That Company Who's Name We Shall Not Speak(TCWNWSNS)?

Square is just a payment processing service. So I assume Ching is similar. So I doubt this has anything to do with reserving moorings but rather the ability to pay for them via credit card. At least that's how I'm interpreting this. And maybe that's all that's really needed for FCFS moorings though this seems to imply that someone would still need to come around to the boats and process your credit card. I had in mind something with a little bit more meat on it, i.e., a web site I could go to - perhaps save my credentials and credit card into - and I could initiate the payment myself by simply stating my boatname and which mooring I was currently attached to. Thus the mooring owner could just skip me when he/she is out collecting or if he/she came by I could show them the e-mailed receipt I had. It could be very simple to put in place. In fact these two things - ability to self initiate the payment through a web site and the ability to pay the person collecting via a credit card via Ching could certainly co-exist. If the mooring ball owners wanted this to work for FCFS mooring balls it's not a technology issue but rather their decision to support it or not. Frankly it's probably a weekend's worth of work to set it up and get it hosted. And to start with you could probably just set it up through something like Sign up Genius - that would take maybe two hours to set up and cost nothing whatsoever other than the credit card transaction fees which presumably something like Ching will be charging as well so really no diff. So the cost of the FCFS mooring through this mechanism should be whatever the mooring owner is trying to charge, i.e., not different than what you would pay the person collecting. I bet I could get a workable version of the sign up genius solution set up for any owner that wanted to take a look Any takers? The funny thing is that surely TCWNWSNS could set the FCFS mooring fee payment system up in no time whatsoever given where they are right now.

I found out that TCWNWSNS is located in my town. Maybe I should go knock on their door and find out if the people working on this really have horns and tails as some on this board seem to be implying.

Life's short - sail more!
Re: E-mail from Boatyball [Re: Orange_Burst] #201215
07/27/2019 04:44 PM
07/27/2019 04:44 PM
road town
sleepychef Offline
Traveler
sleepychef  Offline
Traveler
road town
The difference is we are in the Caribbean and not the USA all these things you mention require USA bank account. This is why we are waiting for CHING then it will be payable on the website, I am meeting with him next week.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3