Welcome to the Northwest Adventure circa 2019. I took a Month to travel from Arizona, up the California coast, through Oregon and Washington. Next we’ll visit Glacier Park, Waterton Park (Canada) and the Tetons. You’ll see lots of wildlife, historic hotels, hiking above treeline, climbing and white water kayaking.

I started by driving straight through to Morro bay on the Pacific coast. It is a small remnant of a fishing port. It is a great sea side town that was not crowded at all. The main street in town is about 8 or so blocks long with most shops, restaurants and hotels on the water front. I took a harbor cruise on the bay to see the famous sea otters that live there. It was an interesting affair, a pontoon boat converted to a tiki cruise but it was cool. I had a nice Mai Tai while watching the otters. The first otter is eating a clam that is on his belly. Later you can cruise over to the beach area about a mile away where the otters live. They are in the water basically 24 hrs a day and to sleep they roll up in the kelp and sack out so they don’t drift off. In the other direction is the surf beach and the appropriate sea gulls and mist. The jetty you are on here is made from rock blasted from the Morro rock. They removed 1/3 of the rock to make the harbor more protected.

https://youtu.be/IDvIlq-m8OU?list=PL2EpLfq1ZGzcooddbAPWMf8Ii1whIzaY3