|
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
|
|
|
9 members (timnboston, DanS, BHK, Kvsmith1, rab, GOTOSUN, 3 invisible),
406
guests, and
56
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9 |
Hello,
I've never been in STT and the BVIs. I wonder if 45 minutes are enough time to leave the plane in STT and get a ferry in Charlotte Amalie to Road Town. I don't have any checked baggage, so I can head directly from the plane to the taxi stand. How much time do you usually need from the airfield to the ferry dock? I rather spend time on a beach in the BVIs than waiting another 2.5 hours for the next ferry.
Thank you!
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294 Likes: 2 |
The taxi from the airport to the ferry takes about 10-15 minutes.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,861
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,861 |
If your flight is on time, you should have no problem.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
Your biggest issue might be waiting for a van to fill up.I would push to get one leaving right away and you'll be fine..might cost you a few $$ in tip.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27 |
Or book a private taxi, which will cost you more, but can even contact the ferry if you are a few minutes late.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,125
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,125 |
Book a private taxi - we’ve used Kevin (340) 643-0025before and he never fails to get us to a ferry on time. He’s good at responding to texts.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638 Likes: 4 |
How much is a private taxi for 4 people?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040 |
How much is a private taxi for 4 people? It would be the standard rate x 4. I think it’s $7 pp to the ferry terminal. Plus bag charges sometimes.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27 |
Kevin may be a bit more. The airport taxi drivers lobbied to have him pay additional fees. I suspect they were jealous of the business he was getting.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9 |
Thank you so much for all your helpful tips! Great forum!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 112
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 112 |
Kevin is a treasure. And he can make things happen. I call him Cousin Kevin because his dad lives only a few miles from us in Texas.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166 Likes: 1 |
I would not pass through st Thomas without Kevin looking out for us.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 949
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 949 |
Kevin may be a bit more. The airport taxi drivers lobbied to have him pay additional fees. I suspect they were jealous of the business he was getting. As of my last trip in July, Kevin was no more than "standard". But should tip generously as superb customer service. On Airplane, sit either near front or near back, as they disembark from both aft and forward doors/ramps.
|
|
|
|
|