pat 42
Todd 40
jazzgal 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
49 registered members (bailau, magpie, VirginGordaResident, lcote, MKGrey, duckfat, RickBlaine, Halcyon, nevar37, Snorkeller, George1234, marybeth, ColoBoater, SXMNAN, rpotter28, xrayman67, Todd, GaryC, Matagorda Dude, bostonbob, JohnB, MrEZgoin, fabila, OceanSong, WWII, mscottc, bkigar, IWIWSE, tradewinds, BlueMoc, ChiTownHarry, WLE, Whale Tail, sxmpete, o2bnsxm, 14 invisible), 1,155 guests, and 57 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Best car rental on VG? #205852
10/02/2019 10:43 AM
10/02/2019 10:43 AM
M
Muffin Offline OP
Traveler
Muffin  Offline OP
Traveler
M
Thanks for the help with villa rentals....we decided on VG with a day trip to Anegada. I have seen the 4 car rental companies that are recommended. It seems that the prices vary quite a bit.
Is one rental company better than the rest?
Do they all include insurance?
Do we need to pay for the extra insurance or will it be covered internationally by our credit card?
Is 4WD necessary on VG?
Do these companies accept credit cards?
Can we pay for gas with credit cards? I'm reading that there is currently no bank/ATM on VG.
Please share any other suggestions. TIA!

BVI Sponsors
Re: Best car rental on VG? [Re: Muffin] #205873
10/02/2019 02:56 PM
10/02/2019 02:56 PM
Toronto, Ontario
gordaguy2 Offline
Traveler
gordaguy2  Offline
Traveler
Traveler
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for the help with villa rentals....we decided on VG with a day trip to Anegada. I have seen the 4 car rental companies that are recommended. It seems that the prices vary quite a bit. (Compare like to like - there are lots of different models - all are good so go for the best deal)
Is one rental company better than the rest? (not particularly though I think Speedy's has newer cars - having said that most of the car rental agencies lost their cars to Hurricane Irma so most should be "new")
Do they all include insurance? (You should ask)
Do we need to pay for the extra insurance or will it be covered internationally by our credit card? (Depends on your credit card)
Is 4WD necessary on VG? (No not at all though the dodge van at Speedy's doesn't have a lot of power when full of people)
Do these companies accept credit cards? (I believe so but check in advance)
Can we pay for gas with credit cards? I'm reading that there is currently no bank/ATM on VG. (we always bring enough cash to pay for things as if you have a power failure - happens with some frequency - the credit card machine may not work)
Please share any other suggestions. TIA! (Make sure your car rental company meets you at your point of arrival whether it is by ferry or plane - you need to tell them the details and make sure you send them all the Drivers licence info in advance so you don't waste time upon arrival)

GordaGuy2
Re: Best car rental on VG? [Re: Muffin] #205893
10/02/2019 07:25 PM
10/02/2019 07:25 PM
M
Muffin Offline OP
Traveler
Muffin  Offline OP
Traveler
M
Thank you, GordaGuy2!!! I appreciate your help!