|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,066
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 2,533
Joined: July 2011
|
|
|
9 members (jbutah, CarolinaSailor, Rumlover, Lucyann, KDE12603, johndana274, LAB57, CaribbeanSolSXM, 1 invisible),
515
guests, and
56
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,392
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,392 |
Gov’t grants permission for 39 commercial moorings to be installed at Peter IslandGovernment has granted Peter Island Ltd permission to install 39 commercial moorings on the seabed surrounding Peter Island.
This is according to a report on Cabinet’s December 18 meeting, which said the moorings will be installed across four different areas of the outer island.
These locations include White Bay where 10 commercial moorings will be installed, Key Bay with nine, Little Harbour will have five, and Deadman’s Bay will have the remaining 15.https://bvinews.com/govt-grants-per...oorings-to-be-installed-at-peter-island/
Kirk in Maryland
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 176
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 176 |
Refresh my memory if wrong...its been a few years since I have anchored in Key Bay, but doesn't nine moorings sound tight? I remember it being beautiful, but a small anchorage.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,688 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,688 Likes: 1 |
Not if you're on a kayak. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,392
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,392 |
Key Bay is where they sunk the old Willy T, right?
Kirk in Maryland
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
Well that is a downer. I loved that fact I could always rely on those anchorages for a late arrival and peaceful night. G
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003 |
Little Harbor is my favorite on Peter I. I wonder if they’re going to be under BB?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,277
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,277 |
It will be curious to see what they charge. The moorings at the marina were $75 a night. Are they doing this to encourage boating or pricing it to fend off the riffraff?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 2 |
Little Harbor is my favorite on Peter I. I wonder if they’re going to be under BB? I sure hope not!!! Also one of our fav spots .
Kim
|
|
|
|
|
|
|