13th visit to SXM. AA from Tucson, just a heck of a long trip. Once again my wifes suitcase was broken into, this time they just took a carton of smokes. rented from Mickey at Tropicana,no problems, typical island car but it got us around.
Stayed at St.Tropez des Caraibes this year due to the fact that our usual spot, Esmeralda didn't open until after we got there. Really wouldn't recommend it. The room was drab and boring, the shower and toilet didn't work correctly, the bathroom towels were like sandpaper. there are so many other nice places, I definitely won't return.
Ate many fantastic meals in Grand Case, they're all so good it's hard to recomend one place over another. Particulary enjoyed Le Cottage, geat food and very nice people, Ramon at Il Nettuno is always a joy to see and takes excellent care of us. We were a group of 9 and the island was empty so when we walked into a restaraunt, they were always happy to see a big bill coming their way. More on that later.
Andy and Cheryl were open, had great mussels and the best meatball sandwich I've had in a long time (and I'm Italian). Cheryl is just a doll.
We always enjoy Coco Beach, the staff there is like family and we spent many an afternoon eating and drinking far too
much..
Willy at Papagayo is also a good friend. There wasn't much beach down there, the water is once again up to the patio.
Went to SSBB and had a wonderful time, ice cold Caraibes and decent ribs and burgers.
The island was kind of brown, not much rain.
The whole island was the emptiest I have ever seen it.

I'm sure I'll think of more in the future, just wanted to geta few quick thoughts down before I get too comfortable back at
home.
If anyone has any questions, shoot them my way and I'll fill you in if I can.