pat 42
Todd 40
jazzgal 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
42 registered members (VirginGordaResident, ColoBoater, Alltech63, Kathleen, pony600, BillDauterive, SoakInSaltwater, foreversxm, Bigdaddy, tmsxmsails, RonDon, KirkB, lcote, Don_and_Linda, GeorgeC1, Kevin_B, Wahnfried, Zanshin, Matt W, Time Will Tell, camview, jagmansr, JeanneB, Fran, bkigar, YachtReprise, Bakoguy, sailingbob, SXMScubaman, PML, Manpot, anet_scot, Good Boy Gus, snman31, 8 invisible), 989 guests, and 73 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! #218014
02/18/2020 05:06 PM
02/18/2020 05:06 PM
New York, NY
K
KTGoesAway Offline OP
Traveler
KTGoesAway  Offline OP
Traveler
K
New York, NY
You all were SO helpful, I wanted to give you a full rundown of our trip. This was my first time in the BVI and u/Scarlet_Fire’s first time in 15++ years (and first time staying on land!). Definitely will not be our last.

Sunday the 9th we landed at STT with no issues, caught a cab van, and Native Son Ferry to Tortola. Sat up top to enjoyed the views and the sun! First stop was Pussers, for painkillers (naturally!) and lunch.

Wyndham Lambert Beach was worth the gamble, we booked in July before the renovations were compete and we are so glad we did. The entire hotel, facilities and landscaping were gorgeous. You cannot beat that beautiful, quiet beach (maybe our favorite beach of the entire vacation). The restaurant Turtle on site is also delicious; I’ve seen on Instagram they’ve been hyping their new chef and menu, amazing view and ambience, typical American breakfast and cool Caribbean fusion lunch and dinner. The hotel was super convenient to all the Trellis Bay ferries. As u/scarlet_fire said on tripadvisor “if you have a problem with this place go get your head checked”.

Monday we went out with Aristocat Charters (with only one other group!) to Sandy Spit and Jost Van Dyke. We were moored in White Bay and had so much fun at Soggy and Gertude’s (definitely indulged in the Gertude’s speciality Lol).

Tuesday was a much needed recovery day after going hard on Jost LOL. Dinner across Tortola at Sugar Mill which lived up to the hype. Unfortunately the beach bar wasn’t open though, next time!!

Wednesday, we did Virgin Gorda, we leisurely did the Baths, and cabbed it to Hog Heaven! Delicious. We didn’t make it to Cocomaya though, next time for sure.

Anegada!!! We loved it!! We took the Anegada Express from Trellis Bay, pretty wild boat ride on the ocean like that but well worth it. We did the Flamingo Look Out, Beach Club, Loblolly, and posted up at Cow Wreck most of the day. We tried to go to Wonky Dog but they weren’t serving food yet. Got our fix at the lobster trap and enjoyed it! Next trip, we definitely want to spend two nights at Beach Club and just CHILL. It was the only day we rented a car (super cheap from VNJ’s, Reef Club claimed they were out of Mokke’s) highly recommend going to VNJ’s if you need a car on the island! My first time driving on the left Lol!!

Valentine’s Day was spent leisurely chilling at Lambert and we ended up at Quito’s for a drink before dinner at Dove. Friday was the only rainy-ish day, so Quito’s was pretty quiet and we were there before the live music was on. Dove was also amazing! Cannot wait to go back.

Heads up the ferry from Tortola to STT is now debarking at Red Hook and then to Charlotte Amalie. All told it took about 90 mins/an hour 45 from Tortola to Charlotte Amalie, not much longer. STT was a zoo on Saturday. The line to go through TSA and customs was easily 2 hours long.

Everyone was right we spent a ton of money on cabs. Even more than I expected, but on Tortola and Virgin Gorda it was definitely worth it for us. I would have been very stressed going over all of those hills AND on the left. If you need an East End taxi recommendation, we loved Bob (1 (284) 496-7136 —- tell him the New Yawkers sent you!).

Best painkillers of the trip are a toss up between Pusser’s, Turtle at Wyndham Lambert Beach, and Soggy. The worst one was definitely at Poor man’s at the Baths. We can’t wait to get back, and already started looking at our pipe dreams of condo’s for sale and sailing lessons.

BVI Sponsors
Re: Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! [Re: KTGoesAway] #218015
02/18/2020 05:26 PM
02/18/2020 05:26 PM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
Great report KT...thanks for posting and glad you are "hooked"

I hope your boyfriend appreciated what a great GF he has...:)

Re: Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! [Re: KTGoesAway] #218037
02/18/2020 09:14 PM
02/18/2020 09:14 PM
New Jersey, USA
DanS Offline
Traveler
DanS  Offline
Traveler
New Jersey, USA
Thanks for the great report! We generally get around the BVI by sailing, which we love, but your trip sounds like a helluva lot of fun too!

Dan cheers

Re: Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! [Re: KTGoesAway] #218059
02/19/2020 08:03 AM
02/19/2020 08:03 AM
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Manpot Online crying
Traveler
Manpot  Online Crying
Traveler
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Great report..glad you enjoyed our beautiful islands. For everyone's info.." Tramonti"..The Sugar Mill beach bar and restaurant is open for lunch and dinner Wed to Saturday..its open10.30 til 4.30 Sundays for a really good Brunch and for lunch only Monday and Tuesday..

Re: Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! [Re: KTGoesAway] #218073
02/19/2020 09:34 AM
02/19/2020 09:34 AM
Scarlet_Fire Offline
Traveler
Scarlet_Fire  Offline
Traveler
Yes! Thanks to everyone here for the suggestions, we had an amazing trip and can't wait to get back (we almost booked a June trip waiting on a taxi to the ferry).

And yes, I have an AMAZING GF wink Mwah!

Re: Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! [Re: KTGoesAway] #218091
02/19/2020 11:18 AM
02/19/2020 11:18 AM
West Chester, PA
ligot Offline
Traveler
ligot  Offline
Traveler
West Chester, PA
Great report, we're normally on a boat but looking forward to a mostly landbased trip in March while we await Tortuga's arrival. Looking forward to really exploring Tortola and the various day trips.

As for best Painkillers ...(or not best) it can be a little like ordering a Cheesesteak outside of Philly. When you know what it's supposed to be it's hard to accept the substitutes. smile

S/V Tortuga
Lagoon 46
[Linked Image]
Re: Thanks again from U/Scarlet_Fire and myself! [Re: Scarlet_Fire] #219186
02/29/2020 05:19 PM
02/29/2020 05:19 PM
Vail, CO/St. Thomas, USVI
caribbeangirl13 Offline
Traveler
caribbeangirl13  Offline
Traveler
Vail, CO/St. Thomas, USVI
Hopefully you are now getting ready for summer tour! #notfadeaway #weireverywhere

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]