A month ago I started this thread inquiring about Caliente Resort and Spa in Land O Lakes Florida. Let me say my concerns where based on other postings that I had read online.

I can truthfully say our experience was wonderful.

We decided to book a couples massage and spend the day at the resort. Our arrival at the gate was met with a delightful woman who welcomed us and directed us to parking and the main building where the spa is located. From the door man to the front desk welcoming us it felt like a regular high end resort. With the only exception being the couple of guest who were nude mulling around the lobby. The spa reception was as well from Suzie and her staff. The massage was just what the doctor ordered and relaxed us for the Caliente experience. We then took our place around the large beautiful pool area where the guest and residents were setting up for a day of great Florida sunshine. We found the guest and residents age to skew a little younger then the Club Orient guest where we have vacationed for the last 10 years. The wait staff and bar staffs were incredible Lisa introduced herself and spent her day making sure we had exactly what we needed. She remembered everyone’s name and drinks through out the busy day. The pool area was extremely busy and the guest and residents really were friendly and entertaining dancing, laughing a little livelier then we have ever experienced at Club Orient. We only stayed until late in the afternoon at 5 PM. But we loved our experience so much we returned on Labor Day Monday to spend the day. On Monday Chris the bartender stood out as a good time ambassador for the resort.

We found the price for food and drink reasonable, and the quality of the food enjoyable. As far as the lifestyle couples we were never felt unfomfortable and did not experience any signs of inappropriate behavior. Now granted we were only there during the day but the pools were packed. People were friendly and having fun. The vacation points system was advertised around the resort but we were never confronted with a sales pitch.

We definitely will return when travels take us back to Florida.