Sailed 5/25 - 6/2 on a Sunsail 444 with 4 real adults and 7 young adults. It was a trip that went off without a hitch. Thanks in great part to guidance from this forum.
Here's some quick comments/highlights:
- Transit to/from thru STT went smooth as silk. Kevin and his van wisked us from aiport to ferry and I think we were on the ferry within 45 minutes of landing. Kevin was great. Thanks for the recommendation.
- Everything at the Sunsail base went smoothly and after chart briefing were underway before noon the next day.
- Dinner and drinks at Cooper Island were fantastic. My apologies to those around us that evening as it was Boat-A-Go-Go that night! Had the whole crew dancing up front on the tramp. I think we shut it down after the Texas Pirates we invited aboard for beers departed. Although, the film goes a little dark after that....
- Leverick Bay - Nick helped make it a highlight. He set-up a safari van for us and we did a quick tour of the island. Among other spots stopped at Coco Maya and Hog Heaven. Both really cool places to have a quick drink.
When we returned to Leverick, we had Saba Watertaxi pick us up and went to Saba Rock happy hour and feeding of the Tarpon, then over to Bitter End for shopping then back to Leverick for a great meal upstairs.
- Anegada was great. Had fantastic dinners at Neptunes Treasure and Lobster Trap. Spent a nice day at Cow Wreck.
When we first arrived at Anegada we were chillin' on the boat and watching a spotted ray circle around when he jumped two feet out of the water not 10 feet from the boat, very cool.
- Jost was great. Had late afternoon drinks at Soggy Dollar and then a fantastic dinner at Corsairs. Corsairs has great food and everyone enjoyed the fact that the menu was a change from the typical BVI beach restaurant menu. We liked Corsairs so much we went back for a great breakfast the next morning.
- The snorkle/lunch stops at the Dogs, Monkey Point and Indians were highlights of the trip. I think the Indians was the leader by the slightest on number of fish and water clarity.
- We had two great meals on STT (spent the night there on our return transit). Vinny at Corsairs recommended Greengo's where we had a very good mexican lunch. The owner and cook are from Phx and it would be in my top 3 mexican joints if it were located in Phx.
We also had a great breakfast at Gladys Cafe. Everybody loved it and Pauline our waitress was a stitch.
One caveat on STT. We spent Sunday night there (at the Windward Passage) and EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday evening. Call the restaurants before you head out for dinner. Betsy's was a nice find in Frenchtown for dinner.
- Thanks everyone for your input and I hope this helps others plan their voyage.
Our next trip will be in two years and we're debating between the Grenadines (would be our 3rd trip) or new sailing grounds like Croatia or the Greek isles. So little time, so many places.....