Day 12

There was a Larry & Cleta-sized hole in the beach today. Hopefully they got home OK but we miss them a lot.

So, guess what we did today? That's right. We caught up on the usual SXM thing we should have done. We had breakfast in Marigot, climbed the steps to Fort St Louis then drove to Philipsburg and spent $275,000 on jewelry for The Goddess before heading to SSBB to to watch the planes and let The Goddess have an afternoon's worth of free drinks because...

Actually, no. Instead, I got up and went down to Tap 5 and suffered the owner's bad manners and grumpy attitude because our usual boulangerie was closed for the weekly break. ( I have no idea why I didn't drive up to the boulangerie in Cul de Sac instead, especially as I had to go there to get some contact lens solution from the Pharmacy there anyway..)

If you guessed that what happened after that was a mix of bobbing and reading and snoozing and swimming then you've been paying attention to this strange and terrible tale. If you haven't been following along... well, I can't say I blame you.

So, what else happened? Well, we had to endure some loud Americans. Sorry, guys, there are lots of Americans on the beach and they can't all be quiet. Now, the thing about opinions is that we all have them. But why, oh, why do we insist on voicing them, unsolicited, in the blind assumption that they are universally shared? Mini-rant over.

Afternoon -- bob, doze... you know the routine.

The fun stuff was tonight. We bought some wine from Grape Wine for tonight and tomorrow and a very nice St Emillion Grand Cru 2005 awaits us tomorrow night. Our friends, Luc & Jean Claude from Le String joined us along with Lionel, the owner of Le String and Eric, le Gendarme, who managed to disarm and enchant all the women present. Thierry prepared a fantastic spread of coconut shrimp, spring rolls , pizza bites and satay. It was a marvelous mini-send off for us, if slightly premature, all set up by our wonderful friends C&T and thoroughly enjoyed by our fellow guests who have also become our newest best friends. Hot-tubbing and swimming rounded out the evening and we look forward to another lazy day tomorrow as this wonderful vacation winds its way to its close.

[Linked Image]