The Goddess is also a water deity. She decided to race me to the string of buoys today and gave a me a 25% head start and still beat me. I've been checking for webbed fingers and toes when she's asleep but she hides them well. [I just re-read that and it sounds kind of creepy somehow.]

Anyone who has been following along so far can probably guess how our day panned out:
Breakfast run to practice French-- the owner who makes the baguettes explains that his wife, Mallot, makes the pain raisin and that's why they taste so good (a man after my own heart) ;
Coffee and croissants and breeze-shooting with Chloe & Thierry;
Drive to Club O and hit beach, sit out a short sprinkle and bob, snooze, read, repeat.

Made some sandwiches with pâté, Brie, some really nice ham from Simply Market. Now, here's a thing: why do supermarkets everywhere insist on packing meats, sausage and the like in packs of 5? I mean, FIVE???? Where is the sense in that? Maybe someone in food retail can enlighten me on that one. The sandwiches were washed down with a bottle of really nice and really cheap Bergerac Blanc and followed by another couple of repetitions of bob, snooze & read. Is it just me or does Bob, Snooze & Read sound like a good name for a law firm or a firm of accountants?
[Here's my accountant joke:
Q. What do accountants use for birth control?
A. Their personality.
Apologies to any accountants reading. Just kidding, really. Honest.]

I've been swimming quite a bit and usually I need a rest between the swim platforms when swimming the beach. However, I've done some training before I left this year and can do the whole length of Club O beach (south to north) without a rest. There is an inflatable platform anchored off The Perch but the word on the beach is that a new wooden platform has been built and will be put in place during the upcoming shutdown. The fun sight today was a French couple on the beach putting their small dog on a surf board and taking it with them over to the platform off of Papagayo.

We have two new guests at Club F tonight and that is always marked by Happy Hour and plates of cheeses, pâté and charcuterie, so dinner was not a problem tonight. During this, a phone call came through with some very bad news. Thierry's friend had passed away suddenly overnight. Le Gros Momo was a big strapping rugby player, we had met him at Le String a few days before. Thierry and his friends are at a loss at this and Luc and Jean-Claude are stricken by this sudden tragedy.

As I sit outside by myself, writing this report, Thierry has decide that it is time for leftovers and the pâté, cheese and the rest has reappeared, making a nice way to end the evening and an even nicer end to today's précis. Ŕ demain, dear readers.

[Linked Image]