After Friday’s great trip on the Celine, Saturday was a day of taking it easy and the weather was in agreement. Cloudy skies, chilly winds in the morning, and on and off showers throughout the afternoon made a day of limin’ just perfect. We decided to go to Maho and watch planes, but the crowd there was very large. The beach and “walkways” were packed with people and vehicles. We made a quick turnaround and headed back to the condo. Saturday night was leftovers night along with a great salad.

Sunday the 26th was spent at Orient Beach and the weather was fantastic. What little bit of clouds there were, dissipated by noon and it was full sun all day afterwards. I got too much sun despite using plenty of sunblock, but the aloe sunburn lotion works wonders. We had a great lunch at Chez Leandre’s and enjoyed the HH at the Perch. Willie was absent again, but here replacement performed satisfactorily. There was only one cruise ship in P’burg, but every one onboard must have decided to come to OB. The place was packed (by my limited standards), and the usual beach bars had plenty of business. Dinner was at the Pizza Galley for salad and spaghetti which I had wanted all week. We could have easily shared one plate of spaghetti as the portions are huge. We will know next time.

Monday dawned overcast and WINDY! There was no way we were going to any beach today, so we chilled at the condo till about noon. We went to check-out both Mary Boon’s and Karacter’s for a possible visit later in the week. Simpson Bay was being buffeted by high winds, surf, and black clouds loomed in the distant. We ended up at BBB for a light lunch and enjoyed the free chairs. At about 2 PM, the proverbial bottom fell out and continued for about 2 hours. There was lightning, thunder, and heavy rain, which has become a disturbing pattern of late. I am very glad we are here for 16 days as the weather has been very different than previous May trips. However, a “bad” day in SXM is much better than good day in (fill in the blank)!

The USCG Eagle has been in SXM since the 24th and we watched her sail away from P’burg today and had a great view of her as she sailed by LaVista about a quarter mile offshore.

"All of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean...And when we go back to the sea...we are going back from whence we came."
>((((ş>