We live right outside the City, but as a fairly new employee of Starwood I couldn't pass up the "associate" deal at one of our locations in Manhattan so we were off for our romantic getaway.

Spent the weekend at the Sheraton Towers located o n 53rd and 7th. We like this location. Tons of restaurants, bars, deli's, Times Square, and Theater District all in walking distance.

Had dinner at the Blue Fin located at the W in Times Square. The restaurant is very contemporary serving asian inspired dishes. We had oysters and a couple of special sushi rolls. The lobster roll, and chilean sea bass with miso dipping sauce were out of this world. For entrees we had the Black Bass, and the Sesame crusted tuna. Both superbly presented and tasteful. We had a great table on the second floor overlooking the entrance which was very visual since you were able to look over the first floor and all the activity and view the entrance which has water flowing behind plexiglass on the ceiling and walls. From the view we had it looked like it was raining on the floor. Pretty cool, and hard to describe. Afterwards we went downstairs to the "Whiskey Bar." Nice nightclub reminiscent of my disco weekends in the city. Although we didn't stay out nearly as late as I did back then!

For Valentine's Dinner we decided to eat at Rocco's on 22nd. This is the place featured in 6 episodes on TV as the "Restaurant." Rocco Dispirito was not there that evening but "Momma" was and she was just as humble and sweet as she appeared on TV. Her meatballs were pretty good as was the food although rather skimpy in portion. Food was also served a little to quickly which was not the case when the filmed. A major complaint was lack of service and the food temperature on the TV show. They have certainly remedied all that. The food was pipping hot and the food served quick. A little too quick especially for Valentine's Day. There was no one waiting for a table when we arrived. The restaurant was about 3/4 full. I'm glad we went but I wouldn't return. Very limited menu and nothing my "Momma" or even myself couldn't make just as good if not better. Sorry Rocco's Momma.

Rounded out the evening at Birdland for some Jazz. Birdland was in Harlem for years but is now located in the theater district. Still gets a good crowd with excellent musicians and singers.

Wanted a pastrami sandwich for Carnegie Deli but it was too cold and there was a line outside. Went instead across the street to "BenNash" deli. No line, quick service, better prices and pretty good deli. My pastrami sandwich was $12.95 and was very big. Not as big as Carnegie's at $19.95 but either way I could only eat half.

Less you think all we did was eat we did after 2 1/2 years manage to visit Ground Zero and it was sobering. We were in NYC several days after 9-11, and again the following week for a benefit but until this weekend we had not ventured down to WTC.

After that experience we decided to take the subway back uptown and do something really touristy and visited Madame Tussad's. Not as good as the one in London but still fun and the work is amazing. Didn't think I'd do it but they have a new Jennifer Lopez figure and I walked my hubby into the two of us taking a picture with "her!." He was embarrased but there was a big heart of flowers behind her and I thought it was a cute thing to do for Valentine's Day.

Hope this makes sense because my daughter is bugging me for the computer so no time to proofread.