Member Spotlight
calsail
calsail
Manhattan Beach, CA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
admiralmoon, MichaelBritz
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mark37, 2 invisible), 596 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
My Testing GA #239541
11/12/2020 10:24 AM
11/12/2020 10:24 AM
Atlanta, GA
BenP Offline OP
Traveler
BenP  Offline OP
Traveler
Atlanta, GA
In the metro Atlanta area we used Viral Solutions - https://viralsolutionsga.com/. Scheduled departure flight is Saturday morning so we went to the drive-thru location on Monday morning for the deep nasal swab collection. Zero out of pocket cost to patients with insurance and they test regardless of whether or not you have symptoms. Results arrived in 36 hours (Quest Diagnostics was the lab) but had some issues getting the lab report corrected on my results.

I uploaded the negative lab results to the St. Maarten government site - https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/ and received a “AUTHORIZATION DENIED ” email in about 40 minutes. The email was generic in the reasons for being denied in that it mentioned every possible reason “ Your EHAS application has been denied due to: Uploaded test result doesn't meet the requirements. It must specify the lab, name test subject, sample date, type of sample and type of test.” Everything they asked for was on the report except for type of sample and sample date. I went back to the testing site and had them add the collection date and time but they said there’s no way to add the specimen type but the type of test implied the type of specimen required. As a test, I submitted my wife’s lab results which were identical to mine except they had the date and time the specimen was collected. She received her “AUTHORIZATION PRE-APPROVED” email. I resubmitted my corrected lab results and received the “PRE-APPROVED” email this morning!

My reason for sharing this is to hopefully keep someone from having the same scare we did. It was very very unsettling to know our whole trip hung in the balance while we attempted to get someone on the phone at the testing facility and lab to sort out how to get the information corrected. The representative from Quest Diagnostics was extremely helpful in providing steps necessary to get the results corrected especially when the testing center was having a 3 hour wait to reach someone on the phone. I thought I had done my due diligence in verifying the type of test conducted but didn’t verify all of the necessary information was on the report before submitting the application.

I can finally take a huge ‘sigh of relief’ waiting for Saturday! Car rental is already secured through Kenny’s and our Airbnb in Grand Case is waiting for us.

SXM Sponsors
Re: My Testing GA [Re: BenP] #239542
11/12/2020 10:27 AM
11/12/2020 10:27 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Ben--thanks for the info.

Guess you're all set! Enjoy!!!!

Carol Hill
Re: My Testing GA [Re: BenP] #239591
11/12/2020 08:55 PM
11/12/2020 08:55 PM
Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
GaKaye Offline
Traveler
GaKaye  Offline
Traveler
Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
Ben, when your application was denied, did you have to resubmit the entire application, or were you able to just email the corrected lab report?

Re: My Testing GA [Re: GaKaye] #239603
11/13/2020 07:36 AM
11/13/2020 07:36 AM
Atlanta, GA
BenP Offline OP
Traveler
BenP  Offline OP
Traveler
Atlanta, GA
If there was a way to resubmit just the report I didn’t see it and resubmitted the whole thing. The application is really pretty short so that wasn’t a big deal. I’m still a little skeptical that my wife and I won’t be subject to re-testing at the airport but we shall see. The pre-approval notice from the government has stipulations that you agree to additional medical assessment upon arrival. We’re just happy to be going!