I was waiting for a vaccine that is not a mRNA vaccine and now there is a choice with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine now being approved by the FDA in the USA. It is one shot and does not have to be frozen like ModeRNA or Pfizer. I hope SXM opts in for the J&J vaccine.
Yes. Pennsylvania has done a poor job of rolling out the vaccine. I am 68 years old, and live in Delaware County, and I still cannot get the vaccine. My wife will not let me plan our trip, until we both get vaccinated. I had hoped to travel to SXM during the last week of March. Guess we'll have to wait until 2022.
I feel your pain, CJIMI. I'm 76 & live in Montgomery County. I pre-registered on 1/13. Last week on Thurs. 2/25 I got the email to schedule my appt. I chose today, 3/1, but when I tried to select a time their site froze. The next day I found a phone # to call, gave them the details and was told that what I experienced had been happening a lot and that I would be getting a new link that would definitely work. Still waiting.
"In a yellow El Camino, listening to Howlin' Wolf" - Lucinda
Carol...I guess you have a choice to refuse the injection. I cannot imagine doing that...but technically I guess you could. I wonder if anyone has done that? If you refuse... do they remove you from the system?
I had hoped I would get the Pfizer since that is what Steve got...but I was just so grateful to get it...I did not care.
Exactly....if we want to travel again...we are going to have to be vaccinated. I heard a doctor say this morning the hope is the USA should be 70-90% herd immunity by Thanksgiving and we should be able to have a "normal" Thanksgiving. It makes me glad that we have cancelled or postponed all of our trips scheduled before the 4th quarter....we made the right decision.