Member Spotlight
SXMbeacher
SXMbeacher
Maine
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (pl3, KirkB, Instigator, SXMScubaman, MikeBiondo, MACC60, betsyg, hokiesailor, BillDauterive, Bernd, Kennys, Kevin_B, MamaB, BlueMoc, MKGrey, bostonbob, SteveH, 12 invisible), 1,321 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wheels up in 14 days, probably. #252922
04/15/2021 04:06 PM
04/15/2021 04:06 PM
Tyler Texas
Thirsty_Toad Offline OP
Traveler
Thirsty_Toad  Offline OP
Traveler
Tyler Texas
Greetings all. I arrive in SXM in 14 days for a sailing charter. This is a reschedule from May2020 that was cancelled. I'm actually considering cancelling this one if the rest of my crew wants to put it off another year. I know most of you guys do the house/resort thing, but I come to SXM because it's some of the best sailing around and much easier to fly in/out of than BVI. Now typically on a 10 day charter I'll spend 4-5 nights anchored in Road Bay in Anguilla and day sail out to Dog and Prickly Pear. That's not happening since Anguilla is on lock down. I can't sail to the Dutch side of SXM or even let the boat enter Dutch territory. Now I can walk around eat/drink/stay on the Dutch side all I want, just can't take the boat. I can't figure out that one.
Now I stupidly "assumed" that I could sail to St Barts since I was going from one French island to another. Nope. That's what I get for assuming. Locals can take the ferry between the two and are exempt from the Covid test and 7 day quarantine providing they don't stay over 72 hours. My overnights on the boat will pretty much be Pinel and Grand Case, unless I'l permitted to land on Fourche.
Sorry for the mini-rant. I know everyone is frustrated and ready for a return to normalcy.

I need some options for getting provisioning delivered. I know Carrefour does. Shop n drop seems like it's an island version of Instacart. Are they good? I've used "booze it up" in the past but they appear to no longer be in business.
My brother was last here in 2019 and tells me there is a cell phone store that will rent me a mobile WiFi next to the marina @ Ft Louie.

Cheers!

SXM Sponsors
Re: Wheels up in 14 days, probably. [Re: Thirsty_Toad] #252988
04/16/2021 07:26 AM
04/16/2021 07:26 AM
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Leagle49 Offline
Traveler
Leagle49  Offline
Traveler
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Jeannie at Shop N Drop is Amazing! Can't recommend her highly enough!