Short and Sweet trip report.

flights from boston to san juan to sxm were fine on American, However, American can never seem to ger it right coming home! Stayed at Alizea for 10 nights, it was very nice they are great hostess and host! Then spent 8 nights at the Pelican, we had a great 1 bedroom and were pleased with the accomodations! As usual we make many plans to go island hopping, beach hopping, sailing etc etc. We did absolutely NOTHING!!! and it was the best!! We had the pleasure of going with the distiquished Senator of RI and the First Lady and had too many laughs that should be allowed. Beaches: 1 Orient for 15 day's and it didn't suck!! The weather was awesome, did a little walking, talking and napping!!!

Food: We brough Fresh fruit, baguettes and gouda to the beach, had a few tasty croissants in the morning and went out to dinner most nights!! L' Alabama( as always never dissapoints) California ( another winner) Le Pressoir, really good but they over cooked the guys steaks and could have comped a desert or soft drink for the hastle!! Le Testatvin, We had never been here before and had a nice meal and the bonus was that we sat next to " Mariah Carey". Temptations: Good but with all the hype I thought it would be better. Sol y Luna: was very nice but seemed a little off from previous years. Poulet D'Orleans: What a great way to enjoy chicken, ribs and such a nice family!! Peg Leg Pub: Shawn was his charming self and the Filet is by far the BEST on the island! The HideAway: Was nice by the pool, prices are good and the food is decent. Bannanas: Great Burgers and stuffed Mahi! Ricks: Had a nice salad for lunch one day and a nice conversation with Rick. Le Petit Cul de sac.: Great Pizza! very casual and a nice place for dinner. Le Pressoir again gets my vote for the BEST creme brulee on the island!! The Rib place in front of Lidos is good! and Virgin Bannana Coladas from Willie at the Perch were the best!! 2 day's of shopping, one in Marigot, I reccomend Brilliance Jewlery. Peter gave us great prices and could not have been any more accomodating, we will return and Highly Reccomend him.

The Company was awesome, The Senator and the 1st Lady!!! Dr. Dick and Pat are great! and made a wonderful dinner for us at their Villa. We also toured the little farm it was terrific.
Robnotanlines, Cliff and Carol and the great Beach guys all made our stay the best ever. Thanks to Contessa for the Rate!! Sorry we missed you!!! We will be going back again and will start counting the day's again. I hope everyone enjoys this report. ALL and ALL it was a rough vacation, you know having to turn your chairs, apply sunscreen at the right times, get your frozen drinks, it really is tough, but we will have to manage again next year!!!!!

Kathy