Member Spotlight
wendyk
wendyk
falmouth,MA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
16 registered members (Memphré, Zanshin, IWIWSE, Colour1, BillR, Wingman, Beansbbq, SANFILIP, PnPinNC, sugarae, michaelj, 5 invisible), 1,071 guests, and 57 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
La Villa #263604
09/07/2021 09:22 PM
09/07/2021 09:22 PM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
La Villa has been our special restaurant to officially celebrate our anniversary for the last 14 years or so with the exception of last year (pandemic) and the year after Irma
While I enjoy the food we really enjoy the service which may be the most welcoming on the island
Although Florence was absent the evening we visited, Christophe, John Carlos (JC) and Cedric all took very good care of us
Christophe valeted our car and offered to retrieve it after diner but we had to drive back around (one way street) to get back to GCBC so walking to the church to get the car was not a problem

We have known JC since he was a young kid starting out as a quite busboy and even remember offering him a ride home after his shift
He has grown into an exception server with a personality unmatched
He makes everyone feel comfortable and will certainly give you a laugh as he is a jokester
You may also see him at Orange Fever on Orient working lunch
He is also the house photographer and makes the after dinner rum (banana easier to drink)
You can just watch him and know he loves making his guests happy

La Villa's gift from the chef (amuse bouche) was a chilled asparagus soup to start off of very good evening
My foie gras with almonds was my favorite for the week served with a generous pour of sweet Muscat
My wife started with the tuna tatiki followed by the tuna entrée (too much tuna even while both were pristine) and JC joked if she wanted the tuna ice cream
John Dory was a good choice from the fish section of the menu

My profiterole picture may have been affected by my drinking oops!!
My wife selected the lemon glace dessert special and it was refreshing and light after a big meal (she usually orders the pick me up coffee)

La Villa will always be our anniversary restaurant because of the genuine welcoming service

Attached Files La Ville amuse bouche.jpgLa Villa foie gras.jpgLa villa tuna tatiki.jpgLa villa John Dory.jpgLa Villa Tuna.jpgLa Villa Lemon Dessert.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: La Villa [Re: mahokid] #263607
09/07/2021 11:54 PM
09/07/2021 11:54 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
JC makes the day. Great guy.

Re: La Villa [Re: SXMScubaman] #263614
09/08/2021 10:29 AM
09/08/2021 10:29 AM
R
Ron Mac Offline
Traveler
Ron Mac  Offline
Traveler
R

La Villa is also our favorite dinner for our birthdays and anniversary. Florence was not there but JC, Christophe, and Cedric were there. They are the best in town.

Re: La Villa [Re: mahokid] #263620
09/08/2021 02:50 PM
09/08/2021 02:50 PM
S
StMartinFan Offline
Traveler
StMartinFan  Offline
Traveler
S
Thanks for all the restaurant reviews you've been sharing. All the great dining is one of our reasons for returning to the island often, so we appreciate hearing about all the places you've tried. We agree with your comments about the wonderful service at LaVilla. Other places in Grand Case may have slightly better food but the friendliness and warmth of the staff at LaVilla can't be beat.