Hi, We just returned from a long Memorial Day weekend which we split between Caliente and Paradise and since most people are familiar with Paradise will give a description of Caliente. Both resorts were really crowded which was nice to see as it just means there are more of us.

We were overwhelmed, to say the least, at the lushness of the resort, especially the clubhouse which is the equivalent of a first class hotel with a piano bar, reception lobby, restaurants, bars, and a nightclub. There is also a lower level exercise room, shops, and soon to be a spa. All of this overlooks a pool which looks like it belongs in some of the better Mexican resorts. The pool is huge and includes two landscape islands and has a large waterfall at one end. Their is a beach bar overlooking the pool and room for about 1000 people. We heard they had over 800 chaise lounges. They had poolside entertainment. They also have a smaller conversation pool and two water valley pools and above the waterfall a conversation pool which seems lifted from Paradise. Without going on and on I can only say that the entire feel of the place was one of luxury. Paradise had an energy which Caliente can't duplicate with its higher scale crowd and huge size, but if first class is what you are looking for, this is it. Service was great, and the food was good, though not gourmet. Still you were served outdoors (and inside if you wish) with beautiful tableware and a view of the lake and pool. No clothes required and many people ate in the nude (we did).

The nightclub gets very crowded and the dancing is great with a huge bar to handle the crowds which soon filled the piano bar area as well. There were only a few people nude in the nightclub.

In all, if you can't travel to Grand Lido, or want someplace closer which is as far from the typical rustic nudist venue, I really recommend this place for a vacation, especially from spring to fall, winters in Tampa are iffy, maybe good, maybe not. One last comment, walking though the lobby nude, when most hotels of this quality don't allow any beachwear in the lobby was a real "unreal" experience. My hats off to the creator's of the resort. It was long in coming but it is well worth it.

We went to Paradise on Friday, Caliente on Saturday, Paradise on Sunday and Caliente on Monday. We have always loved Paradise, especially on a holiday weekend. Last year at Paradise it felt like we were on a fun cruise with all of the fun things happening around the pool. It was hard to do any reading there was so much fun and excitement in the air. This year the atmosphere was exactly the same, lots of fun, crowded pool, and a very good time. Caliente took our breath away. You can't compare the facilities, they are so different. The analogy I use is that if Paradise is a Carnival cruise, then Caliente is a Celebrity cruise (or maybe higher). We went back to Paradise on Sunday and the first impression we had was how small it was (pool area) and that it was a little tacky. On the other hand, we love the place and like the tackiness. Sometimes you want steak, sometimes a burger.

Caliente has all of their facilities in a first class building and their pool is world class. It is simply beautiful. They also have an area at the pool which is non-smoking. This was very appreciated since everyone around us at Paradise smoked (do nudists smoke more or does it just seem that way). We couldn't get away from the big cigars being smoked. The food at the pool at Paradise is informal at best; at Caliente you can eat on a terrace overlooking the pool with great service, on real plates and silverware. The overall resorts are similar as for size, although Caliente is huge and its buildings are larger with larger units. It has much better parking, and the bars are nicer. Still we went back to Paradise on Sunday and we saw alot of people going back and forth. We couldn't believe how many people were going back and forth, especially at night.

Next year we will probably go to both places again. We wish they were in two seperate places so we could make two seperate trips. I recommend them both but I know many of my non-nudist friends who wouldn't be caught dead at a place like Paradise who would love Caliente. We love them both and hope they continue to grow, add new facilities and prove the adage that competition is the best thing for the customer. On a small note, the tuna sandwich at Paradise is simple but better than the tuna croissant at Caliente, and food and drinks are cheaper at Paradise. But I don't think you will see anyone squirting liquor directly into peoples mouths at Caliente, it doesn't fit.

There were a lot of kids at Caliente, more than I have seen at most nudist places I have been, except for the beach at Cap D'Agde. They were all over, and they had a body painting contest, one for the adults and one for the kids (everyone won in the kids event). The pool had lots of pool toys. It was a real family atmosphere.