The reason we have enjoyed St. Martin so much is because of the wonderful knowledge we have obtained on this site. We feel like we are home now when we hit that airstrip and I feel guilty that we haven't posted our last 2 trips. In our defense, we love the island so much that we pretty much just chill the entire time we are there. Still, I feel we should tell everyone how much we love it each time we are fortunate to be there.

We had the worst 2013 anyone could imagine and just wanted to escape for a week. We stayed at Princess Heights (a first for us) through VRBO with 2 sons and enjoyed it. It is a bit away from everything but the boys gambled (and won) at the Westin and we traveled to our favorite beaches and just chilled. Jeannie provided our groceries for the week and was privy to our terrible year and I can tell you she is one caring person.

We went to Pinel and didn't enjoy as much as in the past. They were tearing down "Up on the Key" and it was sad. We made trips to Cupecoy and Mullet and I can't thank this forum enough for their help when our son needed a dentist. We had a very professional experience and for a much lower price than home.

Our second trip just ended last week. This was supposed to be a 30th anniversary last yr. but because of circumstances we didn't get to go until now. Didn't realize when I was last minute booking that is was the Regatta week. Yikes! Had a hard time deciding but picked Palm Court. Never stayed there but pleasantly surprised. It's not foo-foo by any means and needs some updating but we enjoyed it. I requested a 2nd floor room...not for security but because my husband snores so bad that I figured I could sleep on the balcony! Got a 1st floor unit but it was fine. Had a wonderful patio with wonderful foliage and overlooking the pool.

Great breakfast by the pool everyday with interesting people. We stuck close to home and ate at Le Piment 3 times (love it) and ventured to Grand Case for Harmony Nights and Daniel's by the Sea one night. All in all, our best trip (I say that every time). Thanks again and shout out to Jeannie, who makes is possible for us to enjoy our first few days without going to the store. Sorry we missed you.!

We ended our stay as we always do. Eating lunch at Buccaneer beach bar. It's our farewell to the island and we are always sad but know we will be there again. This has been a yr. when we needed healing and the piece of paradise has helped.

[/url]