On Saturday April 19th we moved from Leverick over to a ball at BEYC as it was still to breezy to go to Anegada. Because of the wind we got tucked in as close to shore as possible, right next to the swim area near the pool.

We hung out on the beach and on the deck near the pool for a little while. We didn’t spend any money because we were still upset about our Crawl Pub experience. One of our crew was a beginner swimmer and snorkeler. The very helpful gentlemen at the dive shop suggested she try off the deck at Wedding Point. Good suggestion as it was easy in and out with the steps to the water.

Our next adventure was a hike over to Biras Creek and drinks at the Fat Virgin. It is an easy walk. After drinks we walked over to Yacht Club Costa Smerelda for lunch on the deck. This is an amazing place. They were very welcoming to our ragtag group of bums off the street. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. The prices were very reasonable, cheaper than some other places that are not nearly as nice. Only $10 for a big frozen Bushwacker and about $15 for a smoked salmon sandwich that I split with my wife. The clubhouse is elegant and very comfortable.

On Sunday we were finally able to sail to Anegada. The winds were about 18-20 knots. We sailed on just the jib and made about 5.5 to 6 knots. It is an easy approach once you reach your way point and spot the first marker. We had a lazy lunch on the boat and went ashore. Walked the beach over to the Pomato Point anchorage and then bar hopped back to Potters. Stopped at Neptunes and watched an Easter egg hunt, then made reservations and choices for dinner. We met up with our other boat friends for a great dinner.

On Monday we rented a car from Eric at V&J and toured the island. First stop was Flash of Beauty. They had not opened yet so we hit the deserted beach and tried some snorkeling. The wind and current were still up and it was difficult to snorkel here. It would have been easy to drift down to Big Bamboo but then we would have had to walk back to get our car. The snorkeling at Loblolly was a little easier but it still a little current. Both were a little cloudy from the kicked up sand.

After Loblolly we stopped at the Anegada Beach Club for lunch. It seems like a very nice place. The food and service were good. I had a BLLT (Bacon, Lettuce, LOBSTER, and tomato). Bacon and Lobster, my two favorite foods. The pool is small but clean. It is a short 2 minute walk to a beautiful beach. They also have the best hammocks on the island.

Last stop was Cow Wreck for late afternoon cocktails with Belle. The snorkeling there was good with even less current than the other beaches.

The day ended with a gorgeous sunset and dinner on the boat (and maybe a few more cocktails).

Here is video number two.
Music is,
Is this Love-Bob Marley
Thank my lucky stars-Jimmy
Mellow Mood-Bob Marley
youtube