Left our home on wednesday April 16th 0530 for a 0920 flight out of logan. It had snowed during the night. Usually only about an hours drive at that time of the morning. Unfortunately there was a truck vs. van triple fatal on the Mass pike that morning and we got stuck in the traffic. We just made the flight as the last two people on the plane. The check in at AA was fast as we explained what had happened. We were able to get to the front of the security line and run to the gate.

We connected in Miami to San Juan and then Cape Air to Beef Island.

There was a Seaborne flight that was supposed to take off the same time as our Cape Air flight, 7pm. Our pilot was great and he took off first and we arrived first at Beef. We were the first in line at C&I and breezed through. Sebastians cab to Conch charters and we were sipping our first Caribs by 8:30pm.

The other couple on the boat had arrived earlier that day and had done the boat checkout and briefing. They stowed the provisions from Rite-Way and Caribbean Cellars and turned on the AC on our Bene 393 Cyclades.

We were off the dock by 10am on thrusday April 17th and motored up to North Sound straight into a strong breeze. We grabbed a ball at Leverick, had a little lunch and drinks on the boat and then went for a swim.

We were meeting up with friends, who were on another Bene 39 from Conch, at Saba Rock for happy hour. We used the Saba shuttle as the wind was up and it would have been a long wet dinghy ride.

From Saba we went to BEYC for dinner. We wanted to go to the Clubhouse but the wait was too long. We had been there before and the food and service was wonderful. Instead we ended up at The Crawl Pub. The food was just OK and the service was horrible. The worst I have ever had in the Islands. The server treated us like we had just killed her grandmother and were keeping her from attending the wake. Service was ridiculously slow and borderline rude.

The next day, Friday April 18th, we went ashore at Leverick to arrange for a rental car through the office. We rented with Mahogany. The car was perfect and the service prompt. I also finally got to meet Nick (on my fourth trip to Leverick). He is a very personable and friendly man.

Took the rental car to the Top of the Baths and walked the trail to the Baths. Then the trail over to Devil's Bay. It was a bit crowded but started to empty out after noonish. We walked back up to the Top of the Baths for lunch. It was good friday so no drinks but the food excellent and the service was even better. It makes me feel that the belongers are perfectly capable of good service and that a select few choose to be rude and surly.

On the way back we stopped at various places for scenic photo ops. Stunning beauty, amazing views.

We also stopped and climbed the short trail to the viewing platform at Gorda Peak National Park. An easy walk for our friends, 67yr old man and 63yr old woman, and worth the effort.

We stopped at Hog Heaven for drinks but it was closed.(Good Friday). Hung out on the deck and took some pictures anyway.

Back to Leverick for cocktails, the Friday BBQ, and the Jumbies. This is my fourth Friday BBQ and I truly believe that it is the best value in the Islands. The food and service are both top notch.

Here is a short video of the first couple of days. It was shot on a GoPro Hero3+black and edited with Sony Movie Studio 13.

Music is,
Steven and the Coconut Treez-Sun of a Beech
Huey Lewis and the News-Doin it all for my Baby
The Aggrolites-Dirty Raggae

YouTube