pat 42
Todd 40
jazzgal 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
33 registered members (xrayman67, LINNY, SXMScubaman, Standrea, ericlut, SXMBND, Kennys, eightzerobits, bailau, CaribbeanCanadians, jazzgal, BHK, JohnandBev, blooming, jenniboston, Tonythepilot, mark37, nevar37, Halcyon, steve74, TRIM, 12 invisible), 955 guests, and 65 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) #271750
12/22/2021 04:54 PM
12/22/2021 04:54 PM
Edam, Saskatchewan - Canada
P
PrairieGirl Offline OP
Traveler
PrairieGirl  Offline OP
Traveler
P
Thanks to TTOL, we have found our new “go to” spot in Grand Case! Longtime lovers of Calmos Cafe, we were hoping to find a somewhat similar vibe and Captain Frenchy hits the mark. A bit larger establishment, but the same great feeling.

The food is excellent - highly recommend any of their salads. Lots of protein components along with a great variety of veggies, fruits, nuts etc. depending on which you choose. And really flavorful dressings too. A full meal without being too heavy. All of the plates going by were colorful and delicious looking too. Lots of daily specials.

The service is both friendly and very attentive. Our waiter even offered to help me with my swimsuit straps when I was trying to do them back up to go up for lunch! The staff there run their butts off making sure that everyone in both the restaurant and on the beach are well taken care of.

Right now the island is busy (Christmas week) so there is a charge for the chairs. $15 euro for two chairs, a side table and umbrella. Fairly decent spacing in the second row, a bit tighter if you was to be right at the water’s edge in the front row. Extremely comfy chairs with nice thick pads.

Yesterday when I asked about getting the chairs for free with lunch, he nicely explained the pricing, took a look at the sky (it had been raining all morning) and said “but for you today the chairs will come with lunch”. It was already noon, they weren’t busy so we stayed. By the time we finished lunch and moved to the beach the sun broke through and it was a glorious afternoon.. business picked up all afternoon and the place was hopping when we left at 4:00.

Today was a beautiful day and very busy. Many families of tourists from a France. Same great attentive service and at about 2:30 two of the staff came by the beach chairs with a complimentary shot of the house rum.

Currently the beach at Grand Case is free of seaweed (not so on most of the other beaches), the water is calm and a beautiful turquoise hue from the sandy bottom and Captain Frenchy is the place to be. I think we will return again tomorrow!

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]
SXM Sponsors
Re: Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) [Re: PrairieGirl] #271753
12/22/2021 05:02 PM
12/22/2021 05:02 PM
New Hampshire, USA
W
WayneB Offline
Traveler
WayneB  Offline
Traveler
W
New Hampshire, USA
Sounds great. We are also long time fans of Calmos, and disappointed that it is no longer there. We will try it out in February!

Re: Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) [Re: PrairieGirl] #271767
12/22/2021 07:13 PM
12/22/2021 07:13 PM
St Maarten
BillandElaine Offline
Traveler
BillandElaine  Offline
Traveler
St Maarten
It's a beautiful spot! Where did you park?

Elaine
God Bless the broken road....
Re: Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) [Re: PrairieGirl] #271770
12/22/2021 08:04 PM
12/22/2021 08:04 PM
East Tennessee
lhbsurf Offline
Traveler
lhbsurf  Offline
Traveler
East Tennessee
We had brunch at Rainbow and noticed the chairs at Captain Frenchy's and thought that would be a great spot to try next trip! I also would be interested in where you parked.... we used the valet parking at Rainbow.

Laura
Re: Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) [Re: PrairieGirl] #271779
12/22/2021 10:03 PM
12/22/2021 10:03 PM
Vancouver, WA
Todd Offline
Traveler
Todd  Offline
Traveler
Vancouver, WA
Pretty tough to beat the beach at Grand Case, LTC is also nice with a good vibe just a couple doors down. Grand Case Beach Club is probably my favorite but less vibe but I really like the food, setting and cocktails. Friars Bay Beach Club over on Friars has a great vibe and my preferred food but they don't have pads on the chairs, cash only as well. Also no seaweed when we were there and while often Friars has rocks it had very few on our trip.

For those looking for parking there is a lot on the left hand side as you are driving down where an artist who runs it charges $5. You can also park close to where the road along Grand Case meets up with the main road and a shorter walk from there "if" you can find a place close to that area.

It is great that you have been able to enjoy being incognito and unrecognized, amen for good sunglasses and hats. Enjoy you freedom!
Cheers!

I prefer the Isle seat
Re: Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) [Re: PrairieGirl] #271806
12/23/2021 09:40 AM
12/23/2021 09:40 AM
P
PrairieGirl Offline OP
Traveler
PrairieGirl  Offline OP
Traveler
P
Since we don’t mind walking, we park in the public lot down by LePressoir. It is always an interesting walk but I know that it wouldn’t be everyone’s idea of fun.

One of the staff at Captain Frenchy told us that they would valet park our car. I have no idea where....

Hey Todd, maybe it’s the 35lbs I recently lost? I even got to sneak into Endless Summer for a couple of new swimsuits.

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]
Re: Captain Frenchy (Grand Case) [Re: PrairieGirl] #271850
12/23/2021 04:08 PM
12/23/2021 04:08 PM
Virginia Beach, VA USA
B
barryvabeach Offline
Traveler
barryvabeach  Offline
Traveler
B
Virginia Beach, VA USA
While parking is always an issue in Grand Case, there is also a lot on the left side of the steet about a block north of LTC. I I recall correctly , Capt Frenchy's also has a free shower which is nice for those that want to shower and change for dinner in Grand Case. Both LTC and Frenchy's have pads for the chairs, not so at Rainbow.