Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
13 members (SXMScubaman, Montrealer2, ctpsxm, WWII, RickinAtlanta, polaris, mahokid, 6 invisible), 437 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#284811 06/19/2022 11:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 369
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 369
After 17 years away we're returning to the BVI in two weeks for our fourth trip. We'll have three twenty-something first timers with us. I'm trying to decide where to overnight between Cane Garden Bay and Virgin Gorda. Probably would have done Marina Cay in the past but it is looking pretty sparse at the moment. I've never been ashore in Trellis. I have overnighted in Cam Bay on Great Camanoe but was thinking something more fun for the crew this time. Scrub has obviously flourished since we last had dinner there. What are your thoughts on that general area? Am I missing any possibilities? Thanks in advance.


Last edited by GeorgeDog; 06/19/2022 11:06 AM.
BVI Sponsors
.
GeorgeDog #284812 06/19/2022 11:42 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Online Crying
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Trellis has improved and I love "Marche" the Sushi restaurant and hear good things about "Da Loose Mongoose". I am persoanlly not a SCrub fan so that would not be on my rada

GeorgeDog #284818 06/19/2022 02:02 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 537
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 537
Personally, I wouldn’t overnight anywhere between the two. We’ve done that sail many times. Not a bad sail.

GeorgeDog #284840 06/20/2022 10:32 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 369
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 369
I'm fine with the length of the sail. Just trying to mix things up but the overnight options along that route aren't getting me excited. Thanks for the replies!

GeorgeDog #284841 06/20/2022 10:41 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
If it's calm, Lee Bay is a beautiful spot. Both Loose Mongoose and Marche are very good.

GeorgeDog #284848 06/20/2022 11:14 AM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
Marina Cay is still a nice place to stay for a night in spite of the loss of the facilities there. The mooring field is protected and the snorkeling at Diamond Reef is some of the best in the VIs.

GeorgeDog #284882 06/20/2022 04:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
F
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
We had dinner twice last week at Loose Mongoose in Trellis Bay....very good. Just be patient and remember to smile!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5