Day 5

Wake up in CGB and our original plan was to head to White Bay Jost with a Snorkel stop at Sandy Cay…but that’s been pushed back a day as Quito is not playing Saturday Night and we need to get our fix of the Edge. We had juggled our plans a little to get to White bay, possibly to meet some fellow TTOL members but the fates take over, after finding out Quito’s schedule.

Beach…Crab Dog…Bobbies…Calwoods…Meyets…The Edge

The Beach at CGB with no Cruise boats Passengers is a really nice place…we set up on the edge of the Cemetery and just chilled…until Crab Dog showed up…Crab Dog, not his real name, is a young male kind of Black Lab/Dachshund mix…long body…short legs…Crab Dog rolls up and plants himself within six inches of you and makes himself at home. If you don’t respond, he will get up and spin around and get a little closer…after he was finally offered some food he was off to bother the next person. But, his greatest skill was ability to find sand crabs. We witnessed this several times within the space of an hour. Crab Dog would find a sand crab hole give it a sniff and start digging…after a short time of excavating he would have the crab out of the hole and the fight was on…circling and darting in and out trying to avoid the upset and desperate crab attacks until he could go in for the kill…I figured it was lunch, but no it was just for fun. Next time you walk the beach at CGB look for holes and if at night you step in one you can thank Crab Dog for your sprained ankle.

Bobbies is great at CGB they really do cram allot into that little store. We grabbed a few things that we needed and Still no Pimms! Went to Calwoods and bought a couple of Bottles of rum for friends and was able to get a great picture of them cooking the sugar cane.

Had a great dinner at Myets with a couple of appetizers and split a lobster between the two of us. We used the Drinking mans Guide and received a free bottle of wine. M J Blues was playing and we were the first on the dance floor…we will be back!

Ended the night at Quito’s with the Edge...What can I say if you have been there you know…If you haven’t, I feel it is the must see in entertainment in the BVI…We danced like we would never be able to come back…

Day 6

Off to White Bay Jost with a stop at breakfast stop at Sandy Cay. Winds where dead calm so we motor off to the west. We dropped the hook and had the Sandy cay to our self for an hour and a half until a big cat showed up…we pulled the hook and in no rush, slowly Motored to White bay praying that we would catch boats leaving and get a coveted mooring ball in front of Ivan’s. Our Timing was perfect and caught a boat leaving.

I had made the decision I would not anchor overnight in White Bay. In the past I had been subject to a big blow on the anchor overnight and had I not had the forethought to set a bigger second storm anchor prior to going to bed I most likely would have had a problem. It had kept me secure…but I still did not get any sleep that night.

A few more boats quickly left and just as quick other boats already moored started tying kayaks and sailboards to mooring balls to save them. We found out later Sunsail was a having a Flotilla BBQ at Ivan’s.

We spent the day on the beach and watched the goings on in the Soggy Dollar Bar.

K C welcomed us with two free painkillers courtesy of the Drinking Mans guide. The place was crowded with yachtsmen and day-trippers and it was entertaining. Had lunch at the bar and watched K.C. work. One thing I noticed… if you want good service don’t walk into his bar with a drink or a beer he did not serve you. I guess I can’t blame him!

K.C… Joke (Clean Version)

There is a house of ill repute at the top of the mountain.
One man is in the house
One man is walking down the mountain
One man is running up the mountain.
Tell me the Nationalities of the three men

No 1 is Himalayan
No 2 is Finnish
No 3 is Russian

Took the Dink late afternoon to Foxies and had a drink and nothing was going on except the sand flies biting like crazy at dusk …back to the boat for an early night. Ivan’s was cranking past midnight with the Sunsail group having a good time.

Day 7

Nothing much better than to wake up to calm water and white beaches! We snorkel the reef at White bay and even though it was calm it was disappointing… not much alive on the reef. We decided to get out of dodge and head to Norman Island and Kelly cove with a stop at Sopers hole to dump trash, buy a bag of ice, and have a late breakfast at the Jolly Roger. Dinked over the Frenchman’s Cay side and wandered into the newly opened Ample Hamper…. and there it was on the shelf…Pimms…it does not get any better than this…the mint and cucumber sitting in the fridge can now be used!

We got back to the boat and found a note from Rosemary, a TTOL member that said they would be going to Kelly’s cove that evening for the last night. We dinked over and while delivering the reply they arrived at their boat, Giamente, A Juneau 47 with Sunsail, and we invited them for cocktails upon arrival at Norman Island.

After arriving at Kellies cove we snorkeled water point from the boat, Giamente soon pulled up to a mooring beside us and within a half hour a boarding party from Kent arrived on Snow Goose. Pimms Cups and Boddingtons and Red Strip were consumed in multiples. We were invited back for dinner and after a time in the galley we headed off Giamente with appetizer and wine in hand. Rosemary, Jo, Brendan, and Graham we had a wonderful time!

To be continued

BVI Pictures