Member Spotlight
Matt W
Matt W
Houston, TX
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
30 registered members (Kennys, GaryC, Todd_Melinda_K, GeorgeC1, jrw, Don_and_Linda, kccouple, MikeBiondo, SteveH, Halcyon, KirkB, mark37, Time Will Tell, boucharda, onlymedication, Fitzhughlaw, MikeMc, NumberCruncher, ericlut, BillDauterive, 10 invisible), 1,304 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trip report 6 - Leonidhion #29019
09/20/2014 09:53 AM
09/20/2014 09:53 AM
Miramichi NB Canada
Sandsailsun Offline OP
Traveler
Sandsailsun  Offline OP
Traveler
Miramichi NB Canada
LEONIDHION

Off the dock we go early .Cant find much wind to sail but a school of dolphins found us.....so cool. The water is spectacular.

[Linked Image]

Can't tell where the sky stops and the water starts. it was unbelievable. Sat on the bow in marvel of my surroundings for a good hour The depth sounder says almost 2000 feet of water..wow

[Linked Image]

Leonidhion is so pretty nestled in the valleys of majestic colorful mountains.
Explored this sleepy town for a bit...we are the only boats here so all tavernas are eager for our business for dinner. A very relaxing swim at the beach with some rock collecting. The most amazing green, pink, yellow smooth rock treasures .. like we were digging for gold. Can't wait to make jewelry from these !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All cleaned up for dinner and decided on Dolphin Taverna . OMG hilarious...Mr please please, sorry sorry thank you thank you beckoned us into his family run restaurant through the back door on our stroll.
No menu here, come to the kitchen , I show you what's cooking....literally.
this was a truly family run spot. Ladies were preparing food. Teens were clearing and organizing and the guys waited tables. our waiter , likely the father , was fantastic...a thick bushy moustached man made for Greek postcards. ..

[Linked Image]

. And funny...after dinner was served he says....you eat and like or I kill myself....maybe ya had to be there but we are still laughing over this.....stop by if you ever visit this place. great food and even better entertainment.
another fabulous day had by all....tomorrow the old capital city of Greece Navplion

Kim

Sponsors
Re: Trip report 6 - Leonidhion [Re: Sandsailsun] #29020
09/20/2014 04:17 PM
09/20/2014 04:17 PM
MIA
I
irina Offline
Traveler
irina  Offline
Traveler
I
MIA
Yes, even in Athens, I remember going into the kitchen at restaurants and they would show me what was cooking.
Amazing place.
The water is unbelievable. A blue I have never seen before.
The light was amazing too.
cheers
irina

Re: Trip report 6 - Leonidhion [Re: Sandsailsun] #29021
09/20/2014 07:27 PM
09/20/2014 07:27 PM
swg Offline
Traveler
swg  Offline
Traveler
What a fantastic trip you are having. Your photos are beautiful. You are in a place I've long wanted visit.

Looking forward to your next installment. Sue

Moderated by  Eric_Hill