Member Spotlight
megamania
megamania
Harriston
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (BillDauterive, marisol, 2 invisible), 580 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Island Art Tour #290454
11/03/2022 08:45 AM
11/03/2022 08:45 AM
RI
jomarc Offline OP
Traveler
jomarc  Offline OP
Traveler
RI
Wednesday November 2 – Today is the day for our Island Art Tour, booked through We Are! SXM.

We left Grand Case at 9:30, drove to the meeting spot at Captain’s Rib Shack in Simpson Bay and arrived at 10:00. There were 15 of us on the tour, all from SXM or Bust. It was nice meeting everyone. Roy, the owner of We Are! SXM gave an introduction speech and introduced us to Chris (“Tokyo”), our tour guide.

To start, a breakfast was served at Captain’s Rib Shack: Johnny Cakes, scrambled eggs, salt fish and salad.. All the food and drinks were very good.

We boarded the comfortable and air conditioned bus that took us through Simpson Bay to Maho, then through Mullet Bay, Cupecoy, Terres Basses, Baie Rouge, Nettle Bay, Sandy Ground and into Marigot. At a few spots we got off the bus to take pictures of murals and stretch our legs. In others, the bus slowly passed so pictures could be taken. Fred, the bus driver, was an excellent driver and it was nice chatting with him at a few of the stops.

Once in Marigot we enjoyed a chocolate croissant at Chez Fernand and then walked through the streets of town. One of the highlights was a stop at Spicy Milo, where several of us bought fragrant spices. I will be making Chicken Colombo when we get home!

The bus continued on to Grand Case and past Orient, through Orleans down to Philipsburg, where lunch was at Biggy’s Central. Hamburgers, and excellent French fries were served. While in town we made a couple of stops to view the beautiful murals there. So many photo opportunities..

Next stop was at a studio called Inspired Selfie in Simpson Bay, where selfie pictures can be taken along many beautiful and fun local art displays. That stop was definitely a lot of fun.

Our last stop was canceled due to family issues, so the bus drove up high up the hills in Pelican where the views from a high hill there (right next to Topper’s Villa – “Cleavage”).
Roy saved the day and our final stop went on as planned. It was a stop at Balls and Wine where we enjoyed a delicious Tuna Taco and a glass of Sangria. I was really looking forward to this stop and it did not disappoint.

We arrived back at Captain’s Rib Shack around 6:30 PM. It was somewhat of a long day, especially since Marc’s back is in terrible shape, but we both had a great time. There is so much talent on this beautiful island!

Attached Files PB020058.JPGPB020021.JPGPB020055.JPGPB020060.JPG

Jo-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
SXM Sponsors
Re: Island Art Tour [Re: jomarc] #290456
11/03/2022 08:49 AM
11/03/2022 08:49 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
That sounds like a lovely day.

Carol Hill
Re: Island Art Tour [Re: jomarc] #290465
11/03/2022 09:23 AM
11/03/2022 09:23 AM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
Would have loved to go on that again as I know there are new murals since I went last time. Glad you enjoyed it; I surely did.

[Linked Image]