RonDon 39
JeanneB 35
Kennys 35
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
mamakim
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (IWIWSE, SXMScubaman, Whale Tail, jbutah, GeorgeC1, Instigator, jaxon60, JeanneB, LINNY, dMusicb, DanS, fabila, warren460, TRIM, Todd, Midsouth, marybeth, Kennys, PML, eightzerobits, RickinAtlanta, 8 invisible), 1,015 guests, and 155 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Days 6-8 #292921
12/22/2022 07:02 AM
12/22/2022 07:02 AM
Lake Texoma, Texas
C
cruzer Offline OP
Traveler
cruzer  Offline OP
Traveler
C
Lake Texoma, Texas
Life continues at a slow pace, with meals occupying center stage. Our primary meal is generally at lunchtime, with a bakery run for breakfast and snacks or leftovers in the evening. The cheeses we selected at SuperU were boring, so I’m hoping that the ones we purchased yesterday at Le Comptoir Des Fromages in Marigot will atone for those selections. We’ll find out tonight.

Monday was our “cleansing” meal—actually a stop at Ital’s Freedom Fighters for a vegetarian meal and no wine. It’s a nice change of pace from the excesses of our normal diet on the island. Afterwards we checked out Phillipsburg as Mrs. Cruzer needed some OTC(US) pain relief pills that required a script on the French side. On the flight here, she had a Khalua/Baileys concoction, and decided we needed the ingredients for B52 Coffee drinks, so hit a liquor store after saying hi to Vince at Royal Jewelers and enjoying a shot of Bourbon, escaping without needing a credit card.

Tuesday’s lunch was at Le Taitu, which has re-introduced me to appreciate pork in a form other than ribs or butt. I had the pork rib-eye in a mushroom sauce, and the meat was both juicy and tasty—something missing many times due to overcooking. Mrs. C had her usual—chicken in a blue cheese sauce. And we finally filled up our 10 punches on the meal card, so we get one free lunch next trip.

Wednesday was another trip to the Marigot Market, followed by lunch at Be Kool. Plenty of vendors and many “artisan” vendors as well. The place was hopping.
It seems like we go to Marigot twice a week these days, but that’s because we enjoy lunch there, alternating between Tropicana, Be Kool and Le Bistro Nu—all great places for lunch.

Picture taking of my meals has become more hit-or-miss as I now usually remember halfway through the meal and then it’s too late. I did remember for Be Kool, though. Mrs. C had the duck carpaccio, and I had the tuna/salmon tartar. I’m pretty sure I had this dish in the past, and I imagine I’ll have it again in the future. They also make a crispy duck confit, but it wasn’t offered this time.

Be Kool does give an amuse bouche, this time a puree of celery and carrot. A classy touch, IMO.

My sleep patterns have seemed to stabilize, falling asleep around 9 to 10 and waking around 3-4 with an almost obligatory post lunch nap. Sitting outside our room early in the morning listening to the waves lap up on the beach while servicing hungry cats is a great way to start the day. I am in a total state of relaxation, which is conducive to writing trip reports.

Attached Files IMG_0833.jpgIMG_0832.jpgIMG_0831.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0829.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Days 6-8 [Re: cruzer] #292924
12/22/2022 08:51 AM
12/22/2022 08:51 AM
RI
jomarc Offline
Traveler
jomarc  Offline
Traveler
RI
What a wonderful few days you’ve experienced! Love your choices of restaurants, and the photos are just beautiful. Lunches at Le Bistro Nu and Le Taitu are some of our best meals on the island. Neither have a view, but the food is oh so very French and delicious.

Our days in SXM are pretty much like yours, with the exception of naps. Our early afternoons are usually spent soaking in the pool. Very relaxing!

Jo-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
Re: Days 6-8 [Re: cruzer] #292925
12/22/2022 09:42 AM
12/22/2022 09:42 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Man, those french fries were at Be Kool?? Boy, they look good! I have had that place on my radar for a while but not been there yet. Next time, for sure!!

Carol Hill