Member Spotlight
DanS
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
shellyb
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Manpot, AlanB), 774 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
TODD #297436
03/12/2023 09:29 PM
03/12/2023 09:29 PM
Eastern NC, N Topsail Beach
S
SXMFOX Offline OP
Traveler
SXMFOX  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Hi Todd. I created a title with your name, congrats, you made it to the big time!!!

So please expand your love of Orange Fever on Orient Beach. Is it the chairs, the food, the company, the conversation, the flavor.......etc. I’m sure I speak for anyone who has always been interested in going to this area of St Martin. Your an excellent source of knowledge about the island as a whole.

Also opinions of Orient Beach are welcome as well. One example, are y’all having dinners in the square there, and if so, how are they? Likes, dislikes, and why.

I know I’ve put a lot on your shoulders. I hope you don’t mind the title I gave you, but I’m sure others would be interested including myself about your valuable information. Thanks for all of your posts and pictures, continue the good work!

SXM Sponsors
Re: TODD [Re: SXMFOX] #297438
03/12/2023 10:11 PM
03/12/2023 10:11 PM
Vancouver, WA
Todd Offline
Traveler
Todd  Offline
Traveler
Vancouver, WA
We are far from being island experts but we know our way around, and it is tough to keep up with all the changes especially post Irma and Covid.

MJ and I are not normally up for Orient, prefer Grand Case and Friars as well as Cupecoy. Certainly not Orient experts especially post Irma. Early in the week we were able to go to Grand Case and Cupecoy but later in the trip those were not good options because of the waves, seaweed or lack of beach. We had never tried Orange Fever until this trip, thought we would give it a try. The couple that we brought for this week like sushi and good food but are much more casual than us, so we did Orange Fever one day then did La Playa for a day. They wanted to go back to Orange Fever as their choice for their last full day so we did. I would give the service at Orange Fever props, they hustled and were very fun and easy to deal with, really good people there. Food is good, not as expensive or as gourmet as some of the others but again that was fine and it is worth every penny they charge. Also the water was better near Orange Fever vs La Playa this trip, less waves and seaweed in the water. One other thing we like is that while it is not as high end as some places they still have comfortable padded chairs and they don't crowd them in like some places do so you are able to move a bit to adjust to the sun. I can't stand it when the pack them in soo much it is tough to even sit down if you are in a middle chair.

Our friends are leaving Monday, and we will be here another week. Probably won't make it back to Orient but who knows, right now my hope is to just spend days near Cupecoy and take it easy. I would note that the last ribs and chicken we had at Dany's was the best we have had there, spiced up a bit, planning on it again tomorrow before we drop friends off at the airport. Probably again for a few days this coming week, hopefully it gets boring during the day, our evenings are busy this week. Praying for sand near the pools at Shore Pointe.

I will try to remember to do a trip report, I don't always do them any longer. Just don't expect the detail some like some do with lots of pictures.

We now have been going to SXM for just over 20 years as of Dec 31st. Somewhere between 400 and 500 nights on island since then at many different places on island. This is where I learned to relax.
Todd

I prefer the Isle seat
Re: TODD [Re: SXMFOX] #297439
03/12/2023 10:24 PM
03/12/2023 10:24 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Online content
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Online Content
Traveler
Auburn, WA
". Is it the chairs, the food, the company, the conversation, the flavor......"
And don't forget JC. He's the best.

Re: TODD [Re: SXMFOX] #297440
03/12/2023 10:37 PM
03/12/2023 10:37 PM
S
SXMFOX Offline OP
Traveler
SXMFOX  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Thank you so much for your information Todd, we have been going to SXM since 2005 and have enjoyed it every since, but have never stayed around Orient Beach. Your information is valuable and much appreciated, thank you sir.