Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
320sycamore
320sycamore
Massachusetts
Posts: 367
Joined: March 2005
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
8 members (SXMbeacher, MKGrey, bran, Kennys, 4 invisible), 365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
B
Brent Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
Ahoy Captains,

Please consider proactive Service Checks on all your Salt Water Pick Ups and Filters through this Spring and Summer for Sargassum.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/seaweed-sargassum-florida-caribbean-scn/index.html
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/15/1163385168/sargassum-seaweed-florida-mexico-beaches
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64971586
https://sargassummonitoring.com/202...threatens-beaches-in-florida-and-mexico/

I Need More Quality Cats for Chartering !
Fair Winds, Brent
thecaptainscompass.com Yacht Charters and Management
heatseekerinternational.com 5% Comm and Sales-Tax-Free Yacht Brokerage

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 209
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 209
Likes: 2

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,229
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,229
Brent, I know you and I haven't seen eye to eye for years. But this is great advice and I am sure you are showing your guests how to check. Is my buddy Boots still around?


Mike
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
B
Brent Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
Ahoy Capt. Kneafsey,

Thank you for the compliment.
Considering what Everyone has been through the past few years I hope we can turn over a new leaf and I hope You are doing well.

Mr. Boots, the 'Buddha of Boats', from what I hear is doing Very Well.

I Need More Quality Cats for Chartering !
Fair Winds, Brent
thecaptainscompass.com Yacht Charters and Management
heatseekerinternational.com 5% Comm and Sales-Tax-Free Yacht Brokerage

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 82
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 82
Is the sargassum starting to pile up? Anegada?

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Online Crying
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Not starting to pile up..sadly it never stopped! It seems rare to get it on north shores..except with a strongwesterly that blew it into Smuggler's Cove a couple of months ago..As long as all those nutrients flow into the Atlantic (a large amount down the Amazon) we are going go on being stuck with this smelly mess...It effcts South shores mostly..

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 25
V
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 25
Manpot...does that mean that Cow Wreck and Big Bamboo are clear of the sargassum?

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by VI Fun!
Manpot...does that mean that Cow Wreck and Big Bamboo are clear of the sargassum?

Spent three days at Anegada last week. Some sargassum but not bad. Tipsy's had their beach completely clear. Small amounts floating in the water.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5