Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,948
Posts341,995
Members27,639
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
RonDon 35
mahokid 34
bran 34
erb923 30
kim 18
Member Spotlight
NumberCruncher
NumberCruncher
Okemos, Michigan
Posts: 706
Joined: July 2001
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
8 members (leslieridler, Mikel, Wingman, connie, 1995nmc, 2Travelers, michaelj, 1 invisible), 597 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#29839 10/28/2014 08:02 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,000
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,000
www.todaysxm.com

Court stops erection of 7 story building over salt water swimming pool. Regardless of one's feelings toward Alegria, this is a good decision.

RI Bob C #29840 10/28/2014 09:46 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Thanks for posting that link. I had not heard this was going on. I agree, the decision seems to be the correct one. What I can't figure out is how they ever got a permit to build a 7 story building there anyway.....


Carol Hill
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,382
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,382
Likes: 2
I couldn't understand it either. Property right in question and 7 story building next to the airport. Manek had a heck of a time getting the permits for the heights of the building he built.

SXM??? Wendell

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Now that I think of it, how tall are the current buildings at the site? That one building that's under construction still is a lot taller, isn't it?


Carol Hill
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,382
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,382
Likes: 2
It might be 6 stories.. But it took MAnek along time to get that permit.

SXM??? Wendell

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
OK, I drive by there all the time and just don't pay that much attention..


Carol Hill
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,000
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,000
As I recall the rumor mill had Manek being opposed by Italian casino interests who may not oppose those interested in this unit.

RI Bob C #29846 10/28/2014 01:45 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
OK, my concern was a tall building next to the airport...


Carol Hill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5