|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,062
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 209
Joined: September 2016
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 2
Member
|
OP
Member
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 2 |
We haven’t chartered in the BVI since the early 80’s and will be returning later this month to celebrate our 50th anniversary with the family, including a 3.5 year old. At the time I was last at the Baths, I was 40 years younger, so I don’t recall it being very difficult to get through. But now I wonder how accessible it will (depth of water, steepness of steps, slipperiness etc.) for both the 3 yr old, as well as for me as I’m just 4 months post total knee replacement. Would love to hear thoughts from those who’ve been there recently with small children and/or seniors.. We’ve already decided to take a slip at Leverick and then taxi to the Baths. Is there a direct path from the top of the Baths to Devil’s Bay without going through the Baths themselves?
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 131 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 131 Likes: 1 |
Yes. There is a direct path to Devils Bay from Top of the Baths. Easy hike down. I think the narrow ladder stairs and crouching down might be a challenge coming off knee replacement. Water depth is not an issue. Also, note that they are trying to enforce a one way path through. So if you hung at Devils Bay and others went through, you might just have to meet them back at top of the baths, or they could hike up and back down to you.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27 |
Try Spring Bay. Also has lots of big rocks and is better for bad legs and small children.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789 Likes: 2 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 2
Member
|
OP
Member
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 2 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,025
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,025 |
I second Spring Bay, just next door, plenty of nooks and crannys but super easy, and ALOT LESS PEOPLE. if you are on a boat, make sure you bring your NPS cert/receipt.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4 |
When our son was 3.5 years old, his father ended up carrying him thru most of the Baths.
I have given up the Baths as I ow at an age where I don’t want to risk wrenching a knee or ankle. In February, they really did not want me going down the “wrong” way. I wanted to wait on the exit side for my family. I just did it anyway.
Spring Bay is just as beautiful in my opinion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|