RonDon 37
JeanneB 35
Kennys 29
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Oceanwaves22, redroses27
Who's Online Now
46 registered members (Brian&Andi, lcote, Time Will Tell, mark37, Kevin_B, Tom, duckfat, OceanSong, John, Kennys, Beansbbq, RickG, ColoBoater, tpcook, ndfaninnc, Fran, davidandsusannj, Memphré, sxmpete, PML, TC42, jagmansr, bostonbob, betsyg, KirkB, bbeach, Uksimonusa, Fletch, NumberCruncher, JeanneB, skipdastraw, ericlut, MrEZgoin, Matt W, bailau, 11 invisible), 1,006 guests, and 127 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pizza Italy #305700
09/01/2023 08:29 AM
09/01/2023 08:29 AM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
The day started off a little different with a smoked salmon croissant with a herbed french cream cheese instead of the usual ham, cheese and egg

My "brother" arrived from Anguilla to pick up supplies and party goods for his daughters birthday party

we have been friends for about 7 years as we met on the ferry and learned we are in the same business
He is a personal villa chef and I will always remember the grilled lobster he prepared for us with a mango butter along with the lava cake

we have been very fortunate to be able to help assist him and his family after Irma and keep a close relationship despite the distance
his business is doing well now and he is in his off season

we decided on a casual meal since Friday night we are doing a multi course tasting
Pizza Italy in Simpson bay was a good choice

a simple menu of mostly salads and house made pastas along with some specials

we visited Pizza Italy for the first time last year upon a pool recommendation and enjoyed our meal and from the heart service
we had our same waiter who remembered my wife is an author, he made an impression on us and I guess the same for us

she shared a burrata salad and a special smoked salmon and avocado salad, the bread sticks were nice and soft and made with their great pizza dough
I asked our guest why some things are so expensive and it is because it is all imported although he gets lobster for about $10.00 a pound

Off review but both Astra and Skipjacks are advertising lobster for $19.95 making me want to go get a big one for lunch someday
Last I heard the old bartender from the boat bar who was absolutely beautiful was working at Astra

No pictures of the main courses as conservation was flowing and my photographer forgot to take pictures, wife takes much better pictures

House made pasta dishes included a fettucine alfredo with chicken and a carbonara
My choice was the parma pizza with prosciutto, arugula and gorgonzola cheese
I am not a huge pizza eater but this is the real deal and gets the best of choice from me

thin crust with just enough strength to hold the toppings

for dessert I had the homemade coffee gelato while across the table I saw a panna cotta topped with fresh fruit disappear quickly

Pizza Italy is always on our revisit list as it provides a good priced casual meal with awesome pizza

we enjoyed the service as well who celebrated with us with some pretty strong limoncello shots

Attached Files Smoked salmon croisaant.jpgPizza Italy Burratta.jpgPizza Italy Salmon Avacado salad.jpgBrother Joseph.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Pizza Italy [Re: mahokid] #305704
09/01/2023 08:44 AM
09/01/2023 08:44 AM
East Tennessee
taraavo Offline
Traveler
taraavo  Offline
Traveler
East Tennessee
Nice. I'm putting Pizza Italy on the list for 2024. The salmon avocado salad looks A+.

Re: Pizza Italy [Re: mahokid] #305706
09/01/2023 09:06 AM
09/01/2023 09:06 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the report. I have been meaning to check out their pizza for a few trips. We need to get there!

Carol Hill
Re: Pizza Italy [Re: mahokid] #305842
09/04/2023 11:51 AM
09/04/2023 11:51 AM
Galena, IL
indi Offline
Traveler
indi  Offline
Traveler
Galena, IL
We discovered Pizza Italy several years ago.

Tastes in pizza are very individualized, as you know, but we really enjoy Pizza Italy and make it a point to eat there each trip!

Very close to where we stay, reasonably priced.

Joyce M-C
[Linked Image]