Christine and I usually do a week long trip with a big group to St. John with day trips to the BVIs each Fall. This year our usual crowd had conflicts so we decided to go for two weeks. We did 3 nights each on Jost Van Dyke, Anegada (first time), Tortola and St. John. Here are some quick notes:

Jost Van Dyke - via STT and West End Tortola. Stayed on White Bay at Gertrude's Beach Bar and Bungalow. It was a fun and clean little shack and Gertrude, Greg and Olga took good care of us. Greg's Perfect Pineapple got good reviews and I expect we will stay there next time. Seddy's One Love Bar was our favorite hangout. Ivan's was fun at night and the walk was exciting. Meeting Michelle and Alan and seeing them on Anegada was fun.

Anegada - We went to Anegada via West End Tortola and Beef Island airport. This was our first time on Anegada and it was a very special time for us. Neptune's Treasure took great care of us. TTOL folks had mentioned that the family there is great and it was a great tip. Randy, Linda, Vernon, Sally and the gang treated us very well. The rooms there were the nicest of the trip and the least expensive. We taxi'ed around the island - next time we'll get a car. It was very quiet in October, which is fine with us. With taxi fares, it would have been cheaper transportation wise to fly via Clair Aero and start out at Anegada.

Tortola - We stayed at Sebastian's. The taxi ride from the airport was more than the flight. Tortola is a bit of a shock after Anegada. Sebastians was nice, but we missed Neptunes. I would definately stay at Sebastians again. Coco Plums was our favorite place to eat. Bomba's full moon party is still fun and we had a lunar eclipse that night.

St. John - Still a favorite, even with all of the construction.

It was interesting going from the BVIs to ST. John. Folks in the BVIs were very engaged in the US Presidential election. On STJ, no one talked about.

We are seriously considering a captained sailing charter next year.

Photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/rgarvin/

Cheers, RickG

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada