Member Spotlight
wendyk
wendyk
falmouth,MA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
1moresxmexpat, Bogdaniel, delorget, Steve51
Who's Online Now
34 registered members (davidandsusannj, Colour1, mscottc, bostonbob, michaelj, KirkB, Kennys, Sea_Skyman, magpie, Fran, BenP, pburke40, MrEZgoin, luvtotravel, Zanshin, jbutah, xrayman67, bailau, DanS, tangerine3, caribbeangirl13, WWII, bbeach, ChuckG, Leagle49, 9 invisible), 958 guests, and 93 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sunday, Monday daily reports #307830
10/31/2023 07:52 AM
10/31/2023 07:52 AM
Yonkers, NY
fabila Offline OP
Traveler
fabila  Offline OP
Traveler
Yonkers, NY
Sunday

I met friends at Vesna Taverna for breakfast. Simple breakfast of 2 eggs over easy with a side of bacon. One of my friends ordered the eggs benedict. The hollandaise looked nice and creamy but yoke was a bit overcooked. We enjoyed catching up over our leisured breakfast.

The day was cloudy and rainy. I picked up wings, quesadilla’s for the guys from Pollo Hermanos while they watched Sunday Football. First day unable to go in the pool or ocean due to lousy weather.

Dinner was at Dinghy Bar and Grill next to Beachside Villas. As soon as we sat down there was very heavy downpour. We had ordered food to eat there but with the rain so heavy and starting to creep in where we were sitting we asked to take out. It was extremely windy so the rain was coming in sideways. After 15 minutes it subsided and the food hadn’t arrive so we said we would eat there. Our server who was also the bartender that night suggested not leaving food in take out container but to plate it. Most in our party ate hamburgers with fries which they liked. I got the barbecue chicken with rice and coleslaw. My meal was just ok but wine was good. They have a Rose by Peace & Love which I enjoyed the other day there and again this evening. The Frose made with Peace & Love was also good. David had a fish sandwich which he liked. Early night.

Monday

Woke up to sunny skies so headed out to Orient Bay. Spend a good part of the day at La Playa beachfront. Two chairs and one umbrella $30. Little waves and wind so it was really an enjoyable day to float on my noodle in the ocean.

We met friends at Pirate Hideout Beach Bar & Grill for lunch. We had intended to go to Chez Leandra but they were closed for the day. My kiwi margarita with a chili lime rim was just ok, they didn’t do a very good job at rimming the glass so it was in clumps in a few spots and none around the rest. Not much on the menu tickled my fancy so ordered the Tuna Tataki. Several slices of peppered sushi style tuna. It was ok, I’ve had better. David’s fried fish sandwich was very good and our friends ate the grilled fish sandwich. Fries came with the sandwiches.

Left the beach around 3:45 pm then went to Yacht Club. Bar area was packed so we grabbed a high top table outside and stayed until well into dark enjoying the night air. Traffic was very heavy in both directions from Orient back to roundabout near Mark’s Place. Once we past the roundabout light traffic for us but traffic in the opposite direction (about 4:15 pm) was bumper to bumper all the way to Yacht Club and most likely beyond but we had no view farther than the Simpson Bridge to know for certain.

We hoped to have a casual dinner at Captain D’s rib shack but when we pulled into the parking lot they were closed for the night. Since we were still in our beach ware decided on Driftwood. Glad we did they were playing great music, a lively group was there and food was yummy. Two rum punches and bbq ribs for David and bbq wings for me. The wings were big and moist. A mess to eat with barbecue sauce slathered on them but so tasty. Next time I’ll ask for plain with bbq sauce on the side. We went through plenty of napkins. Great day and night.

Attached Files IMG_5035.jpegIMG_5053.jpegIMG_0553.jpegIMG_5009.jpeg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Sunday, Monday daily reports [Re: fabila] #307832
10/31/2023 11:51 AM
10/31/2023 11:51 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Glad you had a good day at Orient. We will need to check out Pollo Hermanos next trip.

Enjoy!

Carol Hill
Re: Sunday, Monday daily reports [Re: Carol_Hill] #307834
10/31/2023 11:59 AM
10/31/2023 11:59 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Glad you had a good day at Orient. We will need to check out Pollo Hermanos next trip.

Enjoy!

We drive by it frequently but have never stopped in. For sure next time in sxm.