Member Spotlight
Jeff_C
Jeff_C
Lancaster County PA. Home of the Pennsylvania Dutch Nudist
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
admiralmoon, MichaelBritz
Who's Online Now
42 registered members (lbksxm, SXMNAN, johnsaw, BillDauterive, RatmansWife, Compskier, timnboston, steve74, RickG, Southshore, Halcyon, Manpot, xrayman67, Matt W, Kennys, MamaB, nevar37, ericlut, bran, SXMScubaman, fabila, reddoglady, cbinparadise, marybeth, jbutah, GeorgeC1, Jerry_R, MrTim-BTV, RickBlaine, 13 invisible), 645 guests, and 101 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Friday and Saturday……. #308689
11/12/2023 12:06 AM
11/12/2023 12:06 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline OP
Traveler
pat  Offline OP
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Friday was an iffy kind of day. Breakfasted here at home at BSV. Sitting out on the porch with freshly brewed coffee and pastries while watching and listening to the waves is pure heaven to my ears. If I could can these sounds and scents and take them home with me I’d be one very happy camper, for sure.

This has very possibly been the quietest trip we’ve ever made. No must-does or have-to-sees or wanna-gets. Other than making plans to see a few very special people in our personal SXM history, it’s been all about relax and enjoy and just be…….and we’re giving it our best shot, for sure.

It’s been warm but not unbearable and Friday has been more overcast than the rest of the trip. No clue where Saba went but she’s back again and in all her glory sitting out there like the unspoiled queen she’s supposed to be. Really, Peeps, if you’ve never been there, Saba is a lovely spot to day-trip as long as you’re not anticipating beaching and a wild and crazy bar scene. It’s a definite spot to do some very serious chillin……..

Haven’t seen a lot of people swimming - some but just not the usual numbers as the surf is still a little on the strong side. It’s swimmable for many but not a sea to turn your back on. And further observations included two cruise ships that we saw from our porch and no luxury yachts or working boats until late in the day. Every day it seems the situation changes. We spent an hour catching up with Canadian friends newly arrived and visiting places far and wide through their vacations since last November this time.

As evening approaches I think we’ve decided not going out to dinner tonight is the thing to do and we’ve got plenty of things to munch on. As much of a treat that dining out is, it can also get old. But then again, dinner at the Palms is so good. Ended up going there and had great dinners, John a shrimp Creole dish and me a - pan sautéed whole red snapper……..so very good, both.

Saturday morning found us at the Yacht Club again for breakfast, having forgotten today was another holiday on island. The place was mobbed and the food was good and then we spent the bulk of the rest of our day between porch and our pool visiting with friends. Had to rest up for dinner with the unofficial Queen of St. Maarten, Sharon Harris. Time spent with her is always interesting and tonight was no exception as we celebrated her birthday at LaRosa, Too. That is such a great restaurant and one so often overlooked amid all the great eateries on this island. In Sharon’s honor they had decorated her reserved table beautifully. Dinner was delicious and the company the best, and that cake. OMG!! Thank you so much, Sharon, for including us in your celebration. We felt truly honored.

Last edited by pat; 11/12/2023 12:14 AM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
SXM Sponsors
Re: Friday and Saturday……. [Re: pat] #308690
11/12/2023 05:35 AM
11/12/2023 05:35 AM
Westchester /NYC
Colour1 Offline
Traveler
Colour1  Offline
Traveler
Westchester /NYC
Sounds like a couple of perfect days to me! So good to see you and John!!

Sand Gravity, got to love it!
Re: Friday and Saturday……. [Re: pat] #308701
11/12/2023 07:42 AM
11/12/2023 07:42 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline OP
Traveler
pat  Offline OP
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
And I just realized with all of our personal excitement over dinner with the Queen and the acknowledgement of St. Martin Day I totally failed our own US service men and women who gave so much for all of us. Shame on me and major kudos to them all, past and present and those who will come down the road. God Bless you all.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: Friday and Saturday……. [Re: pat] #308702
11/12/2023 07:45 AM
11/12/2023 07:45 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Keep om doing what you enjoy.

J.D.
Re: Friday and Saturday……. [Re: pat] #308711
11/12/2023 10:40 AM
11/12/2023 10:40 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Sounds like a lovely couple of days. Carry on!!

Carol Hill