Member Spotlight
sxmpete
sxmpete
Oakville Ontario Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
paradissatravel, SXMCONNECTION
Who's Online Now
25 registered members (jaxon60, tangerine3, marybeth, SXMScubaman, StMartinFan, gjconsult, MrEZgoin, Deepcut, o2bnsxm, timnboston, bailau, BillB42, KirkB, lbksxm, mark37, 10 invisible), 987 guests, and 172 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Two new restaurants for us #310412
12/16/2023 11:14 AM
12/16/2023 11:14 AM
L
lcote Offline OP
Traveler
lcote  Offline OP
Traveler
L
Michael and I have not been doing too much on our trip. Lots of reading and bobbing in the ocean.
The water temperatures seem warmer than usual. It has been nice.
On recommendations from TTOL, we decided to try the Secret Seafood House for "Lupper" (like brunch only lunch and supper).

We arrived around 4pm. There were maybe 4 other couples in the restaurant. The view is lovely. Out of character for me, I chose a table right on the ocean so we could listen to the waves. The table was in full sun but I wasn't too worried as at 4pm the sun is not quite as strong.
Tanielle, the waitress brought over some menus and we perused. Now, we came to this restaurant because Michael loves seafood. Me? Not so much.
Michael tried to order a Capirirnha drink. But they were out of one of the ingredients. So, again, out of character for him, he ordered an espresso martini. I had a glass of wine. The drinks arrived in fast order and Michael declared the martini delicious.
I asked Tanielle how the chicken alfredo was. She said "It's good" but not very convincingly. I asked her what she would get if she didn't eat seafood. She said "oh my dear, why did you come to a seafood restaurant if you don't like it?" I told her that Michael loved it. Anyway, she recommended ribs but I wasn't in the mood for them. She said that the filet was excellent. So, I ordered that with mashed potato and garlic bread and mushroom sauce. Michael had the whole snapper.
Our food arrived in what seemed like a bit of a long time. Tanielle set the steak down in front of me and apologized because they were out of mushroom sauce. I realized she never asked what temperature to cook my steak. It was medium rare. A bit underdone for my taste but I ate it anyway. Despite the lack of sauce, the steak was seasoned very nicely with salt and garlic. It was incredibly tender.
Michael declared his whole snapper delicious as well. He got his with johnny cakes and scalloped potatoes. I stole one of his johnny cakes. They were light little puffs of pastry! Very yummy.
This is a restaurant we would definitely go back to.

Yesterday was a rainy day and we elected to get some laundry done. We read quite a bit and decided to head out for lupper to Orient Bay. I wanted to get more bresaola from On Dirait Le Sud as well.
We walked around Orient Village only to discover most of the restaurants there closed. We went to Bikini Beach but there was no food there that I wanted to eat.
So, we tried Yellow Sub. Michael tried to order Tuna Tartare. But they were out. The water suggested entrecote and Michael tried to order that.
I ordered a salad.
20 minutes later, the waiter came back and said that they were now out of entrecote. So, Michael had to choose another option. He chose the shrimp and pasta.
The pasta came out several minutes later without my salad. Michael started to eat because we didn't want his to get cold. He told me to try some. It was excellent.
15 minutes later, my salad arrived. It was quite good as well. But I really don't think a 15 minute time between one entree arriving and another is very good service.
Nonetheless, these are likely two restaurants we will go back to.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Two new restaurants for us [Re: lcote] #310413
12/16/2023 11:30 AM
12/16/2023 11:30 AM
CT
pony600 Offline
Traveler
pony600  Offline
Traveler
CT
Not a home run at either place, but at least good enough to give them another try.
Yellow Sub isn't a fine dining restaurant, but I'm still surprised at the time difference between the serving of 2 entrees. Usually the French are sticklers on table etiquette, and you should have been served first anyway.

[Linked Image]

If life hands you a lemon, just squeeze it on a lobster!
Re: Two new restaurants for us [Re: pony600] #310423
12/16/2023 02:28 PM
12/16/2023 02:28 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
For sure, not a home run either place, but glad you seemed to enjoy them overall.

Carol Hill
Re: Two new restaurants for us [Re: lcote] #310464
12/17/2023 06:50 AM
12/17/2023 06:50 AM
Westchester /NYC
Colour1 Offline
Traveler
Colour1  Offline
Traveler
Westchester /NYC
We tried Secret Seafood House, not long after they opened in October. They weren't quite ready for a big group and there was us and another big group. Louise loved her lobster, my snapper was "good" our friend said his steak was disappointing. Drinks were good, they are from Bronx NY lovely people. We will have to go back for "Lupper" I like that!! Yellowsub??? Great location, food??? BLAA!!!

Attached Files Louise Seacrets 10-23.JPGLouise Seacrets lobster 1023.jpg

Sand Gravity, got to love it!