fabila 44
RonDon 38
JeanneB 35
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
admiralmoon, MichaelBritz
Who's Online Now
31 registered members (Lionsail, Whale Tail, ARC, DanS, SXMBND, CdnCouple, Fletch, TravelHat, mark37, ColoBoater, Uksimonusa, botnot, jeepers, SXMNAN, EdB, Carib_Ian, PML, fabila, 13 invisible), 751 guests, and 122 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A home run of a day yesterday #310520
12/18/2023 06:23 AM
12/18/2023 06:23 AM
L
lcote Offline OP
Traveler
lcote  Offline OP
Traveler
L
We had a lazy Sunday morning just reading on our porch at Divi Little Bay. Around noon, we headed out to Parroteville.
We spent a wonderful couple hours enjoying the birds there. They now have a toucan who they let you feed. And he catches food in the air! What a treat.

We headed to Ocean 82 for a late lunch. And as always, it was a home run. We were seated at a corner table overlooking the beautiful blue water of Grande Case beach. Michael started with a scallop and oyster ceviche appetizer. It was served in the oyster shells in a lovely display (we did take pictures but the internet here at Divi is painfully slow lately). I had the caesar salad. That was just ok.
We both had specials for lunch. Michael had scallop and truffle risotto while I had beef wellington.
My beef wellington was perfect! So incredibly tender and well seasoned with just a bit of the puff pastry surrounding it. It was amazing!
Michael's risotto was also perfect. The scallops looked perfectly done and the truffle was clearly visible throughout the risotto.
Although we were both quite full, I had to have the citron au uzu dessert. It is a delicious lemon dessert in the shape of a lemon. It is wonderfully presented.
Michael had a spiced biscuit kind of dessert. It had a french name which I don't remember. He declared it also quite delicious.
All in all, a perfect meal in a perfect setting. Highly recommend Ocean 82.

On another note, it looks like something is being done with the old Paradise View location. All of the little shacks are gone and there is heavy equipment up there leveling things. Interestingly, the restaurant building does not appear to have been touched. The location would be lovely for a new restaurant.

SXM Sponsors
Re: A home run of a day yesterday [Re: lcote] #310532
12/18/2023 10:11 AM
12/18/2023 10:11 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
I shall have to remember that Ocean 82 is open for lunch, as the view truly is lovely there and it's kind of hard to enjoy as much after dark.
Thanks for the note re Paradise View. It would be nice to have something back open there. I remember going there for quite a while, pre Irma. Again, a really lovely view.

Carol Hill
Re: A home run of a day yesterday [Re: lcote] #310579
12/19/2023 04:05 PM
12/19/2023 04:05 PM
Virginia Beach, VA USA
B
barryvabeach Offline
Traveler
barryvabeach  Offline
Traveler
B
Virginia Beach, VA USA
I don't think anyone tops Oceans82 for their desserts both taste and presentation. Looking forward to going there in February.