This is a mini report because it would take a novel to comment on 23 days...first, I'd like to make a general statement; we've been spending the holidays at Royal Islander for many years and, since 1989, have been to the island at least once a year, sometimes twice. Having said that, I'll concentrate on this trip.
We look forward to dining more than any other activity. We call ahead to Mario's and Temptation (getting reservations is next to impossible once we arrive due to the crowds at this time of year. We did Mario's 3 times and Temptation 2 times.
I would have done both again !! We tried Piccolo, newly transplanted to Simpson's Bay, and loved it enough to return. We also loved Jimbo's (same location) and went there 3 times. Halsey's, next to Lee's in a new find and we enjoyed a dinner there, too. On the French Side, we frequented La Belle Epoque (great pizza) and Don Camillo's. For something new we tried Saint Severin for dover sole "special". Food was good but service was lacking and put a damper on the expensive meal. We also tried Pearl, newly opened next to Platinum night club in Maho. The place is beautiful but totally "not ready for primetime". Imagine a French restaurant w/o butter for bread. They forgot to buy it that day.
As I said, this is only the beginning of a report on 3+ wks but I promised myself that I would start somewhere.
More later...........
Hettie in K. of P.