Pulled off the Surprise Trip for me missus... A fine birthday present.
We have been long in need of a trip all by ourselves - like our first honeymoon
trip 20 yrs ago. We left out of SFO on 11/21, returned 12/1.
Highlights / things to note:

Travel: No problems at all with AA but!: I must note:
Parents: CONTROL YOUR KIDS. Of the 6 separate legs of the round trip
journey, I have never heard so many screaming, loud yelling/talking children in my entire life. Second-hand screaming and behind-you seat kicking is just not fair.
I understand you can't reason with real little ones, and the pressure in the ear thing, but it was obvious in some cases that parents did not care what their kids did... I better leave this
one alone now...

Stayed at Club O. It was perfect except for the $ to Euro problem. Spent most of
our time on the beach. It is so convenient to be able to walk back to your room, grab
refreshments, re-apply sunscreen, your own can, etc. Definitely my favorite place
to stay...

Weather: It seemed rather windy that week, and on one of the days, it was approaching
being chilly, but I think that was more of a side-effect of the wind. The wind wasn't quite
to the point of sandblasting you, but it was approaching that... It rained a couple of
nights while sleeping, and for perhaps an hour one afternoon. No complaints here.
Traffic: The worst I have seen on the island. Even at 7:30 at night, it was hard
to get near Simpson Bay.

Club O beach: Mother Nature seemed to be chewing it away, but very slowly.
I've seen it much better, and I've seen it much worse...

At Club O, notices were posted, dated 11/17/04 and placed in your welcome packet
to cover up if you leave the beach in front of Club O property. The local officials informed
Club O of this policy. Whether or not you wish to comply is up to you, but you take the
consequences if they should happen...

Rented car from AAA - no problems - had a manual transmission car waiting for me as
they know I like to drive, but my wristwatch has more power than that car... Had to drop
back to first gear on all the steep hills regardless of how fast my approach was...
(Hey Brian - it was an ignis...)

Being on the South Beach Diet, we weren't real big on eating huge amounts of food -
ate mostly at Pedro's, Talk of the Town, Baywatch and some nibbles from the store.
Kept to low carb drinks (rum/diet coke, Red wine) and only 3 beers/day.
No limit to rum & wine. We have been doing this trip for 20 yrs, and I must say, these
new consumption habits didn't in any way make the trip any less enjoyable. As I sit
here typing this, I weigh 1 pound less than the day we left! Same for Charlene.

That's all I have to say - Charlene and I had a wonderful time being together, and
explaining some of the other things we did probably won't be very useful to anyone...

124 days and counting until our next trip in April... No surprises then...

bob@avarbock.com

"It's only half past twelve, but I don't care, It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere."

[Linked Image]