Member Spotlight
Bluesfan
Bluesfan
Rhode Island
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
fineart, mara2196, Shonda
Who's Online Now
22 registered members (eightzerobits, foreversxm, marybeth, RickinAtlanta, fabila, WWII, mark37, CdnCouple, Kennys, sugarae, steve74, JeanneB, MrEZgoin, geomo, socamon, 7 invisible), 869 guests, and 286 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
summary of our 5 day itineray May #320955
06/10/2024 03:56 PM
06/10/2024 03:56 PM
Lutz, FL
tangerine3 Offline OP
Traveler
tangerine3  Offline OP
Traveler
Lutz, FL
This was at the beginning of May had a sail cat out of The Moorings. We did do a sleepover and were able to leave about 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning from the marina at The moorings this is what we did although some might not be in order.

day 1: headed over to the baths and leverick bay. Actually spent more time at the baths than we should have. We started from the trailhead that does not have the snack bar. We got a little ways and there was a long hold up (an actual line of ppl) somewhere along the trail inside the rock formations so we turned around hiked up the hill to the restaurant and back down the trail that has the snack bar. They wouldn't let us go through VISAR was there and they had it blocked at the entrance by the snack bar so we had to go back up past the restaurant again and down the way we originally had started yikes, swam to dinghy then to our cat went to Leverick Bay in plenty of time to get ready and get some more groceries and do the Friday night barbecue, planned on stopping at the Kodiak Queen on the way but the baths took up too much time.

Day 2: got up made breakfast. 3 of us went shopping (quite a while) at Pussers and Arawak went to the Kodiak Queen but person that was supposed to dive there found something wrong with some kind of thingamajig so we scratched that too rough to snorkel and just went straight to Marina cay for afternoon swimming and had dinner there.

Day 3: made breakfast went over to trellis Bay to pickup beer, snacks, rum wanted to check out aragorns studio but they didn't open till 10:30. headed to Cooper Island snorkeled (not good) and did not see any turtles, shopped then went to the rhone all of us snorkeled, 1 person dived. This is the first time I actually snorkeled the rhone, I liked it it worked out good went over to the bight cranked up music bbqd on boat had a blast.

Day 4: headed to the Indians all snorkeled and one dived it was awesome very good snorkeling there. went over to diamond cay hiked to the bubbly pool, I think this will be our last time making this trek unless it's December that's the only time I ever remember where the pool was actually bubbly, did our best at snorkeling to find some turtles at diamond cay but didn't see any. then went to White Bay did a little bit of shopping played with the goats at Wayne's world talked to him a bit didn't know until this trip that he is is seddys brother, one love still being decided on. Had some beers swam back to the boat headed over to Great harbor dinner at Ali Baba's I wish I would have stuck to the original plan and had dinner at Harris' or Sydney's peace and love

Day 5: very nice Sail over to cane garden Bay, all walked over to Callwood's distillery did the rum tasting for a mere $2, it was starting to get rainy on the walk back and barely made it to Paradise restaurant before it started a major downpour. We ended up getting buckets of beer and eating there for lunch and hung out for a while. It was raining so hard I had never seen it rain this way before anywhere in the BVI in May. We took a video of the little creek that runs between Rhymers and Elm's all kinds of things were coming down and emptying out into the bay. I think I saw a baby palm tree with its root ball float out into the bay. I had tried to post the video here but can't figure it out. We finally were "pulled" away from our afternoon antics and made it back to the boat. Had dinner at Myett's it was a ghost town. There was a solo singer there for the night, we had fun.

Day 6: back to The Moorings.

Things that I would/wouldn't do next time. Visit monkey point I've never been, try to get to our mooring place for the night earlier in the day so we can spend more time hanging out and swimming by the boat, spend more time at White Bay swimming, visit spit island and Bline instead of bubbly pool, unless December or other time other than summer time as far as I know not bubbly in May or June, skip cooper island snorkeling,

Also we had a lot of rain this trip. I was disappointed as we had hosted 3 ppl that had never done this before. I never seen it rain before that much for that time of year. It was May 3 to may 8. It poured the night of the sleepover when everyone arrived and we had dinner at the Moorings. It was still drizzly on our way out of the harbour then cleared up on Virgin Gorda. Then rained again that night at the Leverick BBQ. Then the downpour at CGB, taxi drivers said that Road Town was a mess. Of course still had a blast take care .

p.s. if anyone knows how to post a video on this forum let me know, thanks!

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: summary of our 5 day itineray May [Re: tangerine3] #320957
06/10/2024 04:59 PM
06/10/2024 04:59 PM
Virgin Gorda, BVI
V
VirginGordaResident Offline
Traveler
VirginGordaResident  Offline
Traveler
V
Virgin Gorda, BVI
Sorry about all the rain, that is a bummer. It has been the rainiest year I can remember in my 8 years in the BVI!

Best way I know how to post a video on this forum is to upload it to YouTube, and then share the link