Member Spotlight
Bluesfan
Bluesfan
Rhode Island
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
fineart, mara2196, Shonda
Who's Online Now
22 registered members (eightzerobits, foreversxm, marybeth, RickinAtlanta, fabila, WWII, mark37, CdnCouple, Kennys, sugarae, steve74, JeanneB, MrEZgoin, geomo, socamon, 7 invisible), 869 guests, and 286 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
June 10th report (another quick update) #320965
06/11/2024 12:35 AM
06/11/2024 12:35 AM
L
Lancer Offline OP
Traveler
Lancer  Offline OP
Traveler
L
So…our plans changed today from first time Orange Fever to sleeping in until 9am and deciding to do provision shopping at Super grocery store. I made pour over iced coffee and did another run to Good morning. This time for a breakfast egg, cheese and ham croissant and another almond (I think I misspoke in the previous report and said it was pecan). We had a left over apple croissant from yesterday and it heated up pretty well in the microwave. We enjoy eating on our balcony as there is always a nice breeze, particularly in the evening.

We drove to Super and bought enough groceries for several meals through the week. We had a lunch of baguette, sliced meat sausage, two variety of cheese, Edam and Gruyère, and a Carib each which our hosts provided. We had water melon for dessert. This was a very chill, lazing day. We decided it’s our vacation and we’ll track it the way we want. smile No need to go to the beach if we’re not feeling it. Besides, by the time we finished shopping and lunch it was pushing 3pm.

Our plan was to do dinner in our studio but first we wanted to check out La Playa as we had not been there recently. We walked over and have to say we prefer the ambience of Bikini Beach Bar for sundowners. We may stop back for lunch some time. We walked the beach over to Bikini and had a cocktail each before going back to our studio and preparing a meal. The highlight at Bikini was when we sat at the high top tables and I pushed up on a wooden support bar at the bottom of the stool in order to get myself onto the seat and tore right through it with a loud bang. There were several folks hanging around the bar and the noise kind of startled all of us. The waitress came over and I said, “That’s my super power, destroying bar stools.” She motioned in response by flexing her biceps to say, “strong”. My wife said, after things settled down, “Now if you were to choose a super power, would that be the one you’d want?” I mentally went through a list of options. Our waitress came over to take our drink order with the wooden piece in her hand and my wife pointed out that there was a nail sticking out of the end of it. I said to the waitress, “I promise not to destroy anything else.” My wife had a mule and I had another spritz but this time made with vodka and strawberry liquor. I found it refreshing.

Back at our studio we prepared pasta with prawns in a garlic butter sauce, baguette with butter, and a very nice Bordeaux we picked up at Super. It was the most expensive item we purchased.

We finished the evening watching another episode of Drops of God on Appletv on my iPad. We’ve been following it at home and have a few episodes left. It is done well and is an intriguing story about a multimillion dollar wine inheritance, wine tasting and relational mystery with settings in Tokyo and France. Dialogue is in Japanese and French with occasional English so subtitles are needed, but we find easy to follow.

Tomorrow we have plans in stone to go over to Orange Fever. Thanks for all the suggestions for food offerings. It’s suppose to be 90 here tomorrow and it’s felt pretty hot walking the beach already and it’s been around 86, What we do love, is how the cooler breezes in the evening always offer a pleasant experience.

Activities we are planning on for the rest of the week include a catamaran cruise to Anguilla on Thursday and we’re thinking about going over to Friar’s Bay for a day before the end of the week. We haven’t been there since 2006. Anyone been there recently? I remember the beach was nice and it had a very nice restaurant.

Attached Files IMG_1065.jpegIMG_1076.jpegIMG_1079.jpegIMG_1080.jpeg
Last edited by Lancer; 06/11/2024 12:37 AM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: June 10th report (another quick update) [Re: Lancer] #320966
06/11/2024 02:52 AM
06/11/2024 02:52 AM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
I think Todd has been to Friar's Bay more recently than I have, but I was there a few times in November/December. While Anse Marcel is my favorite French beach and restaurant, Friar's probably comes in second - if you go to Friar's Bay Beach Club. Excellent food. Nice beach, and water is usually pretty calm.

[Linked Image]
Re: June 10th report (another quick update) [Re: jazzgal] #320968
06/11/2024 07:34 AM
06/11/2024 07:34 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Lancer--I think we beat you, as far as laziness yesterday. We literally did not leave here at BSV. No reason to "go" to the beach, when it's right here. And I'd just as soon just look at it most of the time anyway.

One word of warning on FBBC, they do not take credit cards and it's not super cheap, but it is a lovely experience.

Carol Hill
Re: June 10th report (another quick update) [Re: Lancer] #320984
06/11/2024 10:36 AM
06/11/2024 10:36 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Keep in mind JC will be off tomorrow.

Re: June 10th report (another quick update) [Re: Lancer] #320993
06/11/2024 12:46 PM
06/11/2024 12:46 PM
Greer SC
B
bostonbob Offline
Traveler
bostonbob  Offline
Traveler
B
Greer SC
Enjoying reading your trip reports with all the information. We fell in love with good morning last year. It didn’t matter if we had pastries or the full breakfast…it was always great and a good value. Enjoying your photos also. Keep it up😊

Lived most of my life in Massachusetts