Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
9 members (DanS, Kvsmith1, rab, GOTOSUN, tomp, LAB57, ctpsxm, 2 invisible), 419 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#329867 01/29/2025 09:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 25
V
VI Fun! Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 25
Hello All,
I am so excited to be posting again on this website because it means I am heading back to the BVI for a boat charter soon...well not soon enough. We have a crew of eight flying into St Thomas and I was wondering if it would be economical to take a private water taxi instead of the ferry to Tortola. I rememeber reading on this website, at one point, that some think a private water taxi is economical when you have a certain number of people. Before I start researching this I was wondering what companies I should reach out to.
Thanks!

BVI Sponsors
.
VI Fun! #329869 01/29/2025 10:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
We have never done it, but we've never had a group of eight. I think that's the perfect number and probably well worth the extra cost if any.


M4200 MANTA
VI Fun! #329887 01/30/2025 11:04 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Online Crying
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
With that number it may be worth it..each passenger will be paying more than double the ferry ride. You will check in at West End which is good if you are staying there whereas most ferries drop you in Road Town.One other thing I do notice is sometimes, only sometimes, water taxis get stacked up at WE waiting to get into C and I.All food for thought..IMHO..I just stick to the ferries..

VI Fun! #329889 01/30/2025 11:28 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845
Likes: 2
Happy Birthday Mal!!


Go Irish!!

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5