Just back from a TOO short trip to St. Thomas. First a quick rundown of what we did:

3-4: Flight from DFW to San Juan on AA uneventful. Left on time smooth ride. American Eagle over to St. Thomas on time leaving and arriving. Picked up by friends at airport straight to Paradise Point for Bushwackers and sunset. On to Randy's for dinner. Home to Secret Harbor.

3-5: Limin' on the beach at Secret Harbor in the morning tried Carol's Roti Plus for lunch but closed. Picked up lunch at Burrito Bay and back to balcony for lunch. Limin' on the beach to Sop Choppy's to meet more friends and Pizza for dinner.

3-6: 10 AM Ferry to St. John Brunch at Caneel. Shop and walk around Cruz Bay. 2 PM ferry back, fishing trip cancelled due to boat problems, limin' on beach. Dinner Duffy's.

3-7: Charlotte Amalie to shop with wives, lunch Randy's. Limin' on beach, 7 PM ferry to St. John dinner at Cafe Roma.

3-8: Morning at beach. Lunch Blue Moon. Pack uneventful flights back on AA to San Juan and on to DFW.

To sum it up a very relaxing trip. This was a bonus trip for us as our friend's folks own a condo at Secret Harbour and they were down as a last gasp before she has their first born this summer. That coupled with the incredible airfare from DFW to STT we couldn't pass it up.

Secret Harbour is the best. I love the beach and I love the quiet. The resort is one of the older on the East end but it doesn't show. Cudos to the staff for keeping it beautiful. Nice quiet beach with tons of shade when you need it.

Dining: Randy's is great as always. Some new specials but many of the same standbys that we love on the menu.

Blue Moon has a new chef wish we had discovered this earlier. We love it there just didn't make it to dinner. But I did see the menu. Some interesting new changes. Must do next trip.

Cafe Roma was wonderful. It's where our friends had their first date and is a special place for my wife and I as well. Good food, service, and very resonable prices.

Caneel Brunch, as good as it gets. $65 per person and worth every penny. From the fabulous salads and anti-pasta to the fish entree's and the made to order steaks what a treat. Not to mention the fun of the ferry ride over and the views on the taxi from Cruz Bay. A great Sunday excursion.

To sum it up too short of a trip, but then again it always is. The island looked great, very green and lush. Also I was glad to see it as busy as it was. Our last few trips have been in August and I loved seeing 4-5 large planes and several cruise ships in. Good for all of my friends that live down there. One interesting observation. I moved back to Texas from St. T. 6.5 years ago. When I left they would park 4-5 cruise ships on the dock at Havensight. Saw 3 there on Monday and they took the whole dock. The change in the size of the ships is extraordinary in the last 6 years. Really jaw dropping the enormity of them.

Chip