Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
9 members (DanS, Kvsmith1, rab, GOTOSUN, tomp, LAB57, ctpsxm, 2 invisible), 419 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#334548 05/06/2025 04:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 23
D
drk Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
D
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 23
Planning to sail from North Sound to Anegada on Tues 5/13. Winds are predicted to be 17-20 knots and swell 5.8’ with 6 sec intervals. We’ve been there many times but the winds and swells were less. Thoughts?

BVI Sponsors
.
drk #334549 05/06/2025 05:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
Too far out to be reliable, but nothing in that forecast would give me pause. Swells don't affect the passage or the anchorage.
17-20 E will be a nice beam to close reach, first reef if you're not in a hurry.


M4200 MANTA
drk #334563 05/07/2025 06:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 131
Likes: 1
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 131
Likes: 1
Agree with Mr EZgoin. We set our Anegada limit earlier this year. We had friends who were with us the prior year and we didn’t go due to bad storms, so we were determined this year. I warned the crew that it would not be ideal with forecast winds in the mid to upper 20s out of the NE and 8-9 ft swelll out of the north with a shorter period. It was bumpy to start, but fine fully reefed. I got a little off course avoiding the only other boat out there (small barge like transport). We had to motor a good bit very slowly the last portion dead into the wind and wind chop confused sea state. Had to bring in all cushions and the Admiral and I were soaked with one of our crew who stayed up on the fly bridge where we had standing water. Apparent winds hit upper 30’s. We tucked into the closest ball to Lobster trap where we got the most relief from wind. Then off to Tipsys for a great day! Worth it, but it was our limit for enjoyment.

drk #334569 05/07/2025 09:44 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
The forecast is useless this far out. Dont even use a forecast for planning until 3 days out. Having said that 17 to 20 on a beam reach would not even give me a second thought!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5