Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,047
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
mahokid 30
RonDon 29
erb923 26
GaKaye 17
Member Spotlight
BillS
BillS
Canada
Posts: 50
Joined: January 2015
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
9 members (Lucky13, Buddyhog, CJIMI, Manpot, triciatn, mahokid, Maikelvdh, 2 invisible), 376 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#346612 04/26/2026 10:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
We're heading down for our 16th charter in mid-July and this one will be a bit different. All previous charters were bareboat monohulls with Moorings but this one will be on a Moorings 4200 catamaran. Given our age and the fact one of our sons won't be with us, for the first time we're hiring a captain.

Over the years we've discovered there are so many good places to eat that we find ourselves rarely cooking dinners on board. Last year it was 1 out of 10 nights and I don't think this year will be much different. Even during our Covid year trip we did takeout from 2 restaurants (Wonky Dog and Abe's) when the restaurants were shut down, so yeah, we're pretty lazy when it comes to dinner time eating.

To make things even easier for the 3 of us (plus captain), I'd like to explore heat and eat type of dinner options and would like suggestions from others who have done this.


Louis from Houston
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 632
Likes: 4
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 632
Likes: 4
I don't have much to add, but given that you are going with the Moorings, I'd suggest reaching out to them. I believe the Moorings can provision for you in just about any way you desire, likely including premade meals.

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5

DanS #346624 04/28/2026 09:46 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Thanks Dan for the link. Looks pretty good so we may well order from them. I'm not sure about freezer capacity on the Moorings 4200 but I'm only looking for a few dinners for 4.


Louis from Houston

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5